• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When should a car dealership refund a deposit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ingrid2010

They're not going to do that, especially over a very simple trim piece replacement.

I'd bet the OP could buy the part for a couple of dozen bucks and put it in without any problem. Not that s/he should have to, but they probably could.

My last used vehicle needed a replacement antenna that they promised to do. I bought a new part on eBay (OEM) but the dealer's service department couldn't ever work out a time for me to get in and get it done. I went to the more local dealer and they put it in for me. Total cost on my end...$130...and the selling dealer reimbursed me in full. This OP sounds like, well let's just say "a difficult customer".
Thank you. This is really helpful. I do want to get it out of there. While waiting for the title there is almost 1000 more miles on it! I'm so frustrated. I checked the odometer statement today while reading the P&S. Seems like someone drove it quite a distance while I've been waiting.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">