• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WHEN TO SUE AND FOR HOW MUCH?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SFMOM

I was involved in an accident in CA where an uninsured 18 year old boy T-boned me in an intersection at 92 MPH. He had robbed a house and was being silenty pursued by the police. My insurance(under uninsured motorist) so far has paid for my new car and all of my medical bills. However they have not tried to settle the personal injury part of the claim yet.

My insurance(State Farm)has concluded that the accident was the boys fault unquestionably and has told me to submit all my medical bills for payment(and they have paid them) and then they would discuss pain and suffering. My 4 year old daughter and I were the only passengers in the crash. I sustained severe bruising and a contusion to the head. The bruising lasted several weeks and therapy was needed for my back. My husband missed work due to my injuries and I was unable to move comfortably for about a month. My daughter seems to be okay and only sustained slight injuries besides being traumatized.

My question is how does the insurance company determine how much for a settlement and is it worth it to use an attorney in this case. The attorney would of course receive 40%.

[Edited by SFMOM on 04-06-2001 at 03:05 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">