• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where to report an email scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

What is the name of your state?
MI but applies everywhere.

My wife received an obvious email scam. It’s the typical claim that she is due a butt load of money from Benin l. That’s not all that unusual but what is concerning is it puroports to be from
HON JOHN FRANCIS KELLY
WHITE HOUSE CHIEF OF STAFF
WASHINGTON DC

It claims the discovery of the funds was made by the fed DOJ and the FBI.

Where does one report such scams?

And hurry because I have a limited time to pay the $225 so I can get my $7.5 million by Aug 30.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
This happened to me yesterday. Someone used MY EMAIL and emailed pretty much ALL of my contacts asking if they could do me a favor. If they responded, my contacts were asked to help me out as I am traveling and need a gift card for my niece's birthday. I don't have a niece or nephew. And the email spelled my name wrong. And I am not traveling. At least not out of my county in the last few days. I have fielded calls and emails from old clients (who I haven't represented in 8 to 10 years), prosecutors in several counties, the local and state bar association legal offices, and my daughter's father's mother who literally called me from another country. Good grief. On a day that all I wanted to do was relax but it was my birthday!

Oh and I was kicked out of the Bar and Grill so I would have to sneak in but for Maine Lobster I would!

quincy

This happened to me yesterday. Someone used MY EMAIL and emailed pretty much ALL of my contacts asking if they could do me a favor. If they responded, my contacts were asked to help me out as I am traveling and need a gift card for my niece's birthday. I don't have a niece or nephew. And the email spelled my name wrong. And I am not traveling. At least not out of my county in the last few days. I have fielded calls and emails from old clients (who I haven't represented in 8 to 10 years), prosecutors in several counties, the local and state bar association legal offices, and my daughter's father's mother who literally called me from another country. Good grief. On a day that all I wanted to do was relax but it was my birthday!

Oh and I was kicked out of the Bar and Grill so I would have to sneak in but for Maine Lobster I would!
Yikes. That is going to be a mess to clean up.

As to the Bar & Grill, perhaps you can borrow justalayman's disguise to help you sneak in. :)

Just Blue

OMG!! I forgot your Birthday! I'm so sorry...I'll call later with my horrid off-key b-day song!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yikes. That is going to be a mess to clean up.

As to the Bar & Grill, perhaps you can borrow justalayman's disguise to help you sneak in. :)
Yeah... trust me. My birthday was spent on the phone with dozens of people. And answering a multitude of emails. And re-safeguarding my computer.

Just Blue

I tried calling you yesterday to whine. While drinking wine... but no.... You didn't answer. GET A PHONE! *smooches*
Sorry...lil'blu has a boy that apparently was bitten by the love bug and won't stop calling/texting/selfie'ing. She was distracted and forgot to tell me you called till late.

Just Blue

OG...Don't "like" my post...li'blu is kinda creeped out by his forwardness. We all are. 24 texts and 4 selfies. In 6 hours. She just met this kid earlier in the day. Don't you think this is a bit...much? Or are we overreacting? She is no used to her peers behaving like this...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
OG...Don't "like" my post...li'blu is kinda creeped out by his forwardness. We all are. 24 texts and 4 selfies. In 6 hours. She just met this kid earlier in the day. Don't you think this is a bit...much? Or are we overreacting? She is no used to her peers behaving like this...
Sorry. I thought she was also liking him. It could be a bit much. She gets to set the parameters for what she is comfortable with. If he can't respect that, then he is in the wrong.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">