• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where were you?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NellieBly

The union rep wouldn't look at me. The union lawyer kept saying "they have two witnesses ". I have proof my son was at Six Flags but nobody cares. Had they told me this was the allegation I'd have brought receipts. Why won't they tell me the time this supposedly occurred?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The receipts may be proof that someone was at Six Flags, but they're not proof of who it was. The ER receipt is more definitive since it will be clear who was treated.

NellieBly

His meals would have his season pass number on it,, as they now sell season passes for meals. They give you a receipt with your pass number on it.

Also, he put the world's most expensive ice cream cone (not included above) on his credit card. And cell phone calls would bear the name of the town where Six Flags is located.

Everyone, including my union lawyer had their mind made up when they walked into the room. If this were a capital case, I'd be toast.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Can the season passes be used by anyone but the person it is issued to? I don't mean, what does Six Flags say about it, I mean, if he gave you his pass would there be anything to say that it wasn't your pass when you went to use it?

I'm not giving you a hard time; I'm trying to prepare you for possible arguments that might be thrown at you. You've posted here long enough so that I have no reason to disbelieve what you're saying. But what is proof in legal terms and what is proof in common sense terms is not always the same thing. And we're looking at employment law, which does not follow the same patterns as criminal law.

NellieBly

You'll love this. Six Flags has a new system where they scan your fingerprint for verification. If it doesn't recognize you, no dice. I also have text messages from his phone telling me about school groups that are there and how a ride is wired. He also sent me a photo that clearly shows he is a six flags. these have a time and date. I sent him one that says I brought water to work.

I was thinking of telling the union lawyer that there were also two witnesses who testified against Joe Hill

Honestly what do people have to gain from this nonsense? I'm so stressed

NellieBly

Setback here. My son said six flags was busy and they merely scanned his pass with a reader gun. Still one may assume Six Flags has more surveillance than WalMart. He would have had to let someone use his pass cell phone, credit card and 2016 new car because it is described on his parking pass. All the while toiling in the hot sun on behalf of mama. Plus he stays away from the kids because he fears ,ironically enough, allegations .

NellieBly

One more thing my son would have to have been wearing my goofy orange hat which he won't touch,let alone put on his head. He has sensory issues.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
One thing I have noticed here, is that it would seem that whoever has made these allegations against you would have to first know you have a son and what he looks like.

This does not sound like a random allegation. Most people, if they thought that someone other than you were at the post, would just assume that you were sick or something, and substitute was called in - and just go about their merry way, minding their own business.

So, other than your relatives, who's out to get you?

NellieBly

Strangely enough few people actually hate me. Locally I mean. My relatives live out of town and have no idea where I work. My neighbors are all the smile and wave types. My ex is ten years in the past. I spend most of my time at home and venture out only when my son wants me to accompany him to the darn mall, or worse Six Flags. One my crossing guard friends speculated that the complaint was lodged by a school bus driver/bus monitor pair. That would explain why they had such credibility with management. Our boss once warned us they "tattle" on us. As for knowing who my son is that's a good question. I'm a pale redhead and my son looks like his dad who was Italian My son visits my corner a lot, usually while taking the dog to the dog park .It's right by our house. A lot of people stop by on their way to wherever. Dog walkers, joggers, people waiting for the school bus with their kids. So I'm guessing bus driver/bus monitor if only for brownie points. Also my boss detests me but he never leaves his office. I had the nerve to take time off for cancer treatment and when my mom was living her last days. I always called to let him know, even though he gave me a hard time

Now I'm regretting not standing up at the hearing and saying "what son?"

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I had the nerve to take time off for cancer treatment and when my mom was living her last days. I always called to let him know, even though he gave me a hard time

This was how long ago?

NellieBly

I had breast cancer in 2014 and still periodically have to see the oncologist. I considerately had my surgeries during the summer.

Poor Mama passed away last February

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As in, four months ago?

My HR manager red flag system just swung into action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">