• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who do I have a claim against? in Oregon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LoveMonkey

What is the name of your state? Oregon
I work for a Large company.
My Large company contract with a LARGER company for technical services.

The Asst. Manager of the LARGER company (local store) sexually harassed me.
I reported it to the Manager of the LARGER company (local store). My co-worker contacted our direct supervisor of our Large company. Reported on 1-5-07.
Both of these people notified HR.
SO, HR of Large and Larger company are in discussions.
On 1-6-07, I am told by my Large company that I am on Admin Leave. Pending the outcome of the investigation, I'll then find out if I'm on Unpaid or Paid Admin. leave. They said they'd expect to have it wrapped up by Monday.
Friday comes and I miss the call. I call back and am told that I will have to wait till Saturday, 1-13-07 @ 11am to find out the findings.
Saturday, I get the call, and I'm released to go back to work. YEAH! Ass. Manager won't be there. LARGER company is still investigating, but as soon as they find out everything, Large company will let me know.
I work, Sunday, Monday & on Tuesday, 1-16, I find out, while at work, that Ass Manager will be returning on Wednesday. To the SAME LOCAL STORE. I am offered a transfer to another store, ANYWHERE I want to go. hmmmm, I'm living in this city. Have a family, a house, and not able to relocate. I don't want to commute. If I did, I would have found a job in another town.
Ass Manager lives out of town, commutes to our town. Our store has only been open since Dec. 1st. and I was training 30 miles from home for a month. He was training at a store close to his home.
The LARGER company has not contacted me and the Large company, I feel, isn't sticking up for ME.
What are my options besides quiting or transferring. If I leave, I want to leave with a HUGE chunk of change. HUGE. I don't think this is fair at all.
THIS is why woman DON'T report sexual harassment!
What can I do??

LoveMonkey

fairisfair

your complaint was addressed by your company. You do not mention the harrassment continuing, so I assume that it has not. You do not get to dictate HOW the manner is solved, in other words you have no right to expect the termination or transfer of the other employee. Only that the harassment stop. They did their job. Go do yours.

PS your use of the term Ass Manager is not only juvenile, and it is obvious that you know the correct abbreviation as you used it in the first section of your post, but can also be interpreted as being an Ass of a manager, or of managing Asses.

Last edited:

LoveMonkey

PS your use of the term Ass Manager is not only juvenile, and it is obvious that you know the correct abbreviation as you used it in the first section of your post, but can also be interpreted as being an Ass of a manager, or of managing Asses.
This may be juvenile, but I am angry. I said NO and it continued. I am not scheduled to work with him until tomorrow and am very uneasy. He called me at home, requesting to meet him somewhere for a 'little fun'. Ummm, NO.

I do understand that both companies are under obligation to provide a safe work environment for everyone, and they are attempting to do so.

But there should be more...

LoveMonkey

Clarification and qu(e)stion.

Can I expect to work in a safe environment and then when it doesn't happen, expect the LARGER company to pay for this indiscretion of their employee?
If I were merely a customer, and this happened, what would be my options?

Last edited:

fairisfair

Can I expect to work in a safe environment and then when it doesn't happen, expect the LARGER company to pay for this indiscretion of their employee?
If I were merely a customer, and this happened, what would be my options?
Lotto tickets are usually sold at retail outlets that advertise LOTTO TICKETS.:rolleyes:

I am not going to waste my time answering what if questions. some one else might.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You do not have a claim against anyone unless the behavior continues after being addressed by the company.

The employer's ONLY legal obligation is to make the objectionable behavior stop. If it has stopped, they have met their obligation under the law.

LoveMonkey

You do not have a claim against anyone unless the behavior continues after being addressed by the company.

The employer's ONLY legal obligation is to make the objectionable behavior stop. If it has stopped, they have met their obligation under the law.
Thank you CBG for your answer.

ecmst12

I am curious about them putting YOU on unpaid leave pending the investigation though. Couldn't that be considered retaliatory? An employee is not supposed to suffer any negative outcomes simply for reporting sexual harassment.

You called it "unpaid or paid admin leave"....were you paid for the time?

LoveMonkey

I was put on ADMIN LEAVE

And didn't know whether it would be paid or not for a week.
I finally got an answer. It was paid.
I went back to work on Sunday, Monday & Tuesday. Off Wednesday.
On Tuesday I was told by my HR that the LARGER company person was coming back to work. They would adjust our schedules to work opposite shifts. I could handle this.
I was scheduled to open on Thursday. I went in and he was there. Okay, I can deal with this... There were two other employees already there and it would be okay.
15 minutes later, I get a phone call from my direct supervisor and was told to leave the store immediately. So, he explained that I would have to transfer to another store.
I leave immediately so that nothing comes back on me for not doing as I'm told. I didn't say a word to the LARGER company employee.
NOW, I'm once again on PAID ADMIN LEAVE until I decide which store I want to go to. My HR is being awesome. They are agreeing that this is completely unfair to me. It's gone all the way to the national HR people.

SO ~ My question is NOW.
What kind of attorney do I hire tomorrow?
The LARGE(R) company is seriously in violation of allowing me to be shut out. Shut out of my job while the person gets to stay. Whoop-tee-do that it's in his file. Big deal... I feel I shouldn't have said a word.
THIS is why women (and men) don't report sexual harassment. :mad:

moburkes

How are you shut out? They are PAYING you while they continue to investigate and decide what to do. That is perfectly legal.

LoveMonkey

Anyone else???

I am being forced to go to another store while the person who did this to me gets to stay. I should not be inconvenienced for reporting the act of sexual harassment.

The investigation is over. He has this permanently in his employee file. He gets a mere slap on the wrist, and I HAVE TO LEAVE.
I was found to have done NO WRONG DOING.
He was found to have been in the wrong.

So, all women (and men) should just keep quiet? No. I believe that someone out there can help me and apparently it is not you.
Thanks for your time anyways.

Anyone else???

BelizeBreeze

I am being forced to go to another store while the person who did this to me gets to stay. I should not be inconvenienced for reporting the act of sexual harassment.

The investigation is over. He has this permanently in his employee file. He gets a mere slap on the wrist, and I HAVE TO LEAVE.
I was found to have done NO WRONG DOING.
He was found to have been in the wrong.

So, all women (and men) should just keep quiet? No. I believe that someone out there can help me and apparently it is not you.
Thanks for your time anyways.

Anyone else???
No, you do NOT have to leave. You can quit. Plain and simple.

LoveMonkey

This is okay, HOW???

No, you do NOT have to leave. You can quit. Plain and simple.
I really thought you guys knew the law. Apparently NOT.
This is just a playground for you to mess with people and hand out nasty opinions that don't do anyone any good except your own sick little mind.

I will be suing the LARGER company. I will find an attorney and make sure that this LARGER company never does this to anyone again.

NO ONE should be afraid to report Sexual Harassment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">