• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who has legal juristiction???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BL

snostar said:
Alright, the paternity question was pointless, but the court rescinded the order based on jurisdiction issues. So, who has legal custody??? Where is the child right now?

If the child was born in NY and Mom has been state hopping enough, the child's residence may never have been established elsewhere, therefore providing the poster with a possible argument for NY to retain jurisdiction. Longshot, maybe.

And, I'll have another if you'll deliver it personally...it's still beach weather. ;)
:cool: ;)

ok the child was born in ny...the 3 yr time line is ridiculous back and forth, there is no custody order until now he never saw a reason to file but now since she is older mom was about to state hop again, so he filed to keep her there in ny. since there was no custody order both of them had equal rights. But by dad filing in ny mom got hip to juristiction and had it thrown out. now dad doesnt know what to do. He just wants to provide a stable life for the baby. Also, he went to the court house today to pick up the paperwork from fri..he was told he still has to appear on the 7th...but she doesnt know that...do I smell technicality????

BL

You are asking advice .

We can not answer your questions as WE do-not know what the " papers " state .

There appears to more to this than you have stated .

Accuracy is important to obtain the correct advice , without it we are just speculating .

my apologies...let me rewind....boy meets gurl...they have baby, the whole pregnancy in ny...until june 04, went to reno...came back for a minute in dec...then again in april...then again in may. shje lied about her whereabouts, refused to tell dad where they lived (he isnt a stalker) come to find out she was living with some guy she met on the internet, good lord, was getting thrown out of where she was staying so thats when he legaly filed for custody in ny, she came back and hit him with we arent residents and the child was ordered back to mom which confuses me because as i said there is no custody order...please be patient i am just as confused!!! :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">