• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who holds jurisdiction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PaLv

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
pennsylvania

Current CS order in Pennsylvania. Obligor is moving to Nevada. Who holds jurisdiction? CS order Based off state calculator for PA. Nevada is “haven” for high income earners child support so would be significant decrease .

LdiJ

pennsylvania

Current CS order in Pennsylvania. Obligor is moving to Nevada. Who holds jurisdiction? CS order Based off state calculator for PA. Nevada is “haven” for high income earners child support so would be significant decrease .
PA would retain jurisdiction in the short term, but where did you get the idea that Nevada was a "haven" for high income earners?

PaLv

PA would retain jurisdiction in the short term, but where did you get the idea that Nevada was a "haven" for high income earners?
http://pecoslawgroup.com/nevadas-child-support-laws-incrementally-favor-the-rich/

What do you mean short term?

I also ran our current numbers in the calculator for both states

LdiJ

http://pecoslawgroup.com/nevadas-child-support-laws-incrementally-favor-the-rich/

What do you mean short term?

I also ran our current numbers in the calculator for both states
I means that child support does tend to run with the law of the state where the obligor resides. Therefore, eventually its possible that Nevada guidelines would get applied. However, that will not happen in the short term.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
pennsylvania

In what state is the child currently?

PaLv

In what state is the child currently?
Child in PA, will stay in PA. father moving to Nevada

For anyone who finds this in a possible archive/reference. I spoke with an attorney today. pA will continue to hold “continuing exclusive jurisdiction” so long as the child lives here. If I move to another state,father could bring to Nevada. This prevents forum shopping.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">