• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why no guidelines of how child support is being spent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

No$forU

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I am wondering why there are no guidelines in place for proof the money from child support is actually being used on/for child!

Something like the IRS - Show reciepts as proof the money is being spent on child. After all... it is called "Child" support! I'm not saying every dime but, at least make it 75% of collected money be proven to be used on/for child and if not, you risk the support being reduced by the amount (short of the 75 %). Example: 1000 a month support, only prove 65% of support to be spent on/for the child, the support gets reduced by 10% or 100 a month. This would be automatically reviewed every 3 years or so.

It is a win/win situation for the person paying and the child!

Tell me if this would or would not work.

Proserpina

I am wondering why there are no guidelines in place for proof the money from child support is actually being used on/for child!

Something like the IRS - Show reciepts as proof the money is being spent on child. After all... it is called "Child" support! I'm not saying every dime but, at least make it 75% of collected money be proven to be used on/for child and if not, you risk the support being reduced by the amount (short of the 75 %). Example: 1000 a month support, only prove 65% of support to be spent on/for the child, the support gets reduced by 10% or 100 a month. This would be automatically reviewed every 3 years or so.

Okay - let me find Mistofolees' excellent "swimming pool" analogy.

Here we go:

OK, by popular request.

Treat your checking account like a swimming pool. Every month, you add 500 gallons of water from child support. You add another 1000 gallons from your job. Maybe you have a birthday and get another 50 gallons for gifts.

Now, you take 300 gallons out to pay your rent. You take 200 gallons out for food. Another 200 gallons for medical care.

How in the world would you be expected to know that the gallons you took out for food, clothing, etc was the same as the money that went in for child care? Obviously, you can't.

Frankly, it's none of the NCP's beeswax how CS is spent provided that the child is fed, clothed and housed.

Banned_Princess

It will not work because 1. you are not a policy maker.

2. it is none of your business what she does with the money. does your kid have a home? food? cloths? shoes? how much do you THINK that all costs? 1000 a month? please. I'm sure you only pay a fraction of actual child rearing costs.

AND on the other side, what if she can show 100% goes to supporting the child and she still has more expenses for said child, should she get more because you aren't paying exactly half of the expenses?

And don't say "well, I'm paying the rent for her and my child! she should pay her own rent" what, do you think children can just live alone, because you only want to pay his rent only? what about the other things I mentioned, not to mention school supplies, extra curricular activities, entertainment...

Child support reimburses mom for things she has already done for kid. so if she wants to get her nails and hair done when you pony up your minimal child support she is totally entitled to do that.

it costs ALOT less to pay child support, then to actually support a child. so no we don't agree with you.

No$forU

provided that the child is fed, clothed and housed.
Exactly, what I am suggesting! Hello.... can you read?

How are the Courts and the people who are paying the the support going to know without PROOF! example: receipts!

Oh yes.... thats right....the person collecting the CHILD support says so! They would NEVER lie! :rolleyes:

Frankly, it's none of the NCP's beeswax how CS is spent
This quote says it ALL, about you! :rolleyes:

Banned_Princess

How are the Courts and the people who are paying the the support going to know without PROOF! example: receipts!

Oh yes.... thats right....the person collecting the CHILD support says so! They would NEVER lie! :rolleyes:

We are not going to entertain you not one minuit longer. Good day.

Proserpina

Evidently better than you can, m'dear!

Did you forget to take your meds?

It would be pretty obvious if the child was naked, homeless and emaciated. Look that last word up if you must.

Honeychild, I'm not the one who's bitching about paying child support. :cool:

You don't have to like the legal reality. But that's exactly what it is - the legal reality. If the recipient wants to spend the remaining CS on Coach purses and Jimmy Choos, that's ENTIRELY up to him or her.

Deal with it. :cool:

LdiJ

Do you have any understanding whatsoever of what child support covers? If you remotely understood you would realize that child support does not just cover the child's direct expenses, but the child's indirect expenses as well. It covers housing, utilities, food, sundries, medical expenses, gasoline to transport the child, daycare expenses, some entertainment expenses, communication expenses etc. etc. etc.

ecmst12

Child support is to REIMBURSE the custodial parent for money they ALREADY SPEND in caring for the child. Therefore, they can spend the support money any darn way they want.

No$forU

All I ask is proof....nothing else.

It will not work because 1. you are not a policy maker..
Did I say I was???

2. it is none of your business what she does with the money. does your kid have a home? food? cloths? shoes? .
Yes, Yes, Yes,Yes - ALL because of ME! Yes me! Ok maybe she got him a sock or two.

AND on the other side, what if .
Ah there it is.... WHAT IF! All that says is you are trying to justify your own stupid remarks to yourself!

she can show 100% goes to supporting the child and she still has more expenses for said child, should she get more.
ABSOLUTELY! All I'm asking for is proof!
I even had her minivan repaired because I didn't like her driving him around in a compact car. Safety reasons.

And don't say "well, I'm paying the rent for her and my child! she should pay her own rent" .
??? who said any of that? Well if you must know.... When she got re-married and had w/3 kids, she sent our son to live with his grandmother 2 towns away, the court ordered visitation was pick up at her house not grandma's! Grandma did not want me to pick up the kid from her house.

what about the other things I mentioned, not to mention school supplies, extra curricular activities, entertainment... .
Oh you mean ALL the stuff I paid for on top of the ordered support?? Learning center, Soccer, Baseball, Football, Kung Fu, Day camp, Summer camp, Boy scouts, etc......Please..... I have you beat on EVERY rock you throw my way! So unless you know the facts Please, sit this one out. Thank you

Child support reimburses mom for things she has already done for kid..
Exactly.....you said it...for kid!!!
I gave her 36k for all "HER" credit cards to be paid off when she left me!

so if she wants to get her nails and hair done when you pony up your minimal child support she is totally entitled to do that..
Isn't that called SPOUSAL support??? If I'm going to Support her....call it what it is! Minimal??? LOL :rolleyes: What I gave could have helped 3 - 4 families out of foreclosure!!

how much do you THINK that all costs? 1000 a month? please. I'm sure you only pay a fraction of actual child rearing costs......

it costs ALOT less to pay child support, then to actually support a child..

I am re married and have 2 kids now so don't try and tell me what it cost for kids! IF you read it correctly, the 1000 a month was an example! It don't even come close in expenses that I paid! And they are girls!

so no we don't agree with you.
Gee... what ever gave you the idea I would think that? By the word we you are referring to Women who hate men, had a bad relationship, marriage or worse!!

Don't Blame me for your failure!:eek:

Banned_Princess

seriously what you paid out above what was ordered of you is your own fault.

If you just started a new thread to yell at everyone, I'm sure you will quickly find your night free and clear to do something else.

No$forU

conclusion**************.

If there is one thing I learned these last few days on this site ************** Who you all are voting for come November. :rolleyes:..LOL

Oh wait************** GOD HELP US!!! :(

Antigone*

Who is going to start pouring the funsuckers??? I'll take a triple!:p

Pro, you have to keep that misto quote handy! I just love that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">