• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peanut44

Shay-Pari'e said:
And here I thought this was an ADVICE forum.:rolleyes:

Alright Shay,

I asked the question, "why do you think other unsafe acts don't get the same penalty as DUI". Some have answered with their own experiences ranging from personally going through a DUI, family experiences of what happened to their lives during a DUI accident, and the fact that many other "unsafe" acts are almost impossible to prove. All are valid, and worthy responses whether I agree with them or not.

What's your answer?

You accuse some of us of whining and complaing, but that's exactly what you are doing. No?

Answer me this.... Why should I not feel at least somewhat persecuted for my uneventful DUI conviction which carried substantial penalties while the older gentleman who put my father in a hospital for 5 months only got a minor ticket for an illegal U-turn?

Heather2

Shay-Pari'e said:
Umm, off your bi-polar meds today?
Let me explain it to your tinee tiny little brain. No.
Geshh you sound like a broken record. Is that the best you can come up with.

Shay-Pari'e

peanut44 said:
Alright Shay,

I asked the question, "why do you think other unsafe acts don't get the same penalty as DUI". Some have answered with their own experiences ranging from personally going through a DUI, family experiences of what happened to their lives during a DUI accident, and the fact that many other "unsafe" acts are almost impossible to prove. All are valid, and worthy responses whether I agree with them or not.

What's your answer?

You accuse some of us of whining and complaing, but that's exactly what you are doing. No? I'm not complaining about the laws.

Answer me this.... Why should I not feel at least somewhat persecuted for my uneventful DUI conviction which carried substantial penalties while the older gentleman who put my father in a hospital for 5 months only got a minor ticket for an illegal U-turn? Do you even hear yourself? Did your father sue the *At Fault* driver and his insurance for his medical and pain? Accidents happen, but getting behind the wheel impared is NOT an accident. It is SELFISH.

You are not dragging me into this stupid debate.

Shay-Pari'e

Heather2 said:
Let me explain it to your tinee tiny little brain. No.
Geshh you sound like a broken record. Is that the best you can come up with.
YEP! You are off your meds. This forum knows of your mental problems, and when you get in a pissy attack mode.

Heather? Why would you of all people state someone has a tiny brain? Girl, you can't even find your own socks when you get like this.

You don't work half the time, and when you do it is for pennies. You get arrested,......you have to be dragged to psych hospitals,**************...ect.

All you are doing, is showing your mental illness.

Carry on without me Heather, I don't have the time to debate with someone as troubled in life as you.

peanut44

Shay-Pari'e said:
peanut44 said:
Alright Shay,

What's your answer?

You accuse some of us of whining and complaing, but that's exactly what you are doing. No? I'm not complaining about the laws.

Answer me this.... Why should I not feel at least somewhat persecuted for my uneventful DUI conviction which carried substantial penalties while the older gentleman who put my father in a hospital for 5 months only got a minor ticket for an illegal U-turn? Do you even hear yourself? Did your father sue the *At Fault* driver and his insurance for his medical and pain? Accidents happen, but getting behind the wheel impared is NOT an accident. It is SELFISH.

No, you are not complaining about the laws, but complaining none the less. Why don't you just spit out what's really bothering you?

Yes, My dad got a settlement out of the deal, the same as if I would have injured someone that night. Actually, the lawyer told my dad he would have gotten more money, and without all of the red tape if the driver was dui.

Anybody who injures anybody else will have a civil suit at hand, my concern was the criminal side.

Heather2

Shay-Pari'e said:
YEP! You are off your meds. This forum knows of your mental problems, and when you get in a pissy attack mode.

Heather? Why would you of all people state someone has a tiny brain? Girl, you can't even find your own socks when you get like this.

You don't work half the time, and when you do it is for pennies. You get arrested,......you have to be dragged to psych hospitals,**************...ect.

All you are doing, is showing your mental illness.

Carry on without me Heather, I don't have the time to debate with someone as troubled in life as you.
So I have mental problems because I pointed out that your posts offered no advice? Come on shay you're just easily offended. I am very happy with my life right now, nothing to complain about. I don't hide being bipolar but if you look at my posts in the past month my posts offer help unlike you who just has insults to add.

And how the he!! do you know if I work and what I make? That's right you don't cuz it's none of your business. I think you are the one with problems....always feeling the need to brag about how much you make.

If you have such a wonderful life with a husband that supposedly loves you (ya right) then why do you spend every waking hour on here?

You can't seem to ignore me. Why don't you add me to your ignore list? Cuz when I see you I can't help but to point out what an idiot you are.

peanut44

Shay-Pari'e said:
peanut44 said:
Alright Shay,

What's your answer?

Accidents happen, but dui is selfish? You just proved my point. The guy who hit my dad was parked on the side of the interstate reading a map. When he realized he was going the wrong way, he tried to pull a U-turn across 3 lanes of interstate through the median without looking. This guy is still driving, yet there are plenty of DUI people taking the shoe leather express for not hurting anybody.

Shay-Pari'e

Heather2 said:
So I have mental problems because I pointed out that your posts offered no advice? My post did offer advice. You failed at reading the thread.

Come on shay you're just easily offended. Not at all.

I am very happy with my life right now, nothing to complain about. I don't care. I don't hide being bipolar but if you look at my posts in the past month my posts offer help unlike you who just has insults to add. I don't look for you. If you really do look for me, you would know that I not only give advice, but that I report Kelly. Who insulted who here? You did dear.

And how the he!! do you know if I work and what I make?Actually, I've never known you to work. You may need a car for that, but you lost your car,(Literally). You are in and out of the hospital too much.

That's right you don't cuz it's none of your business. I wish you were not my business, but you seem to tell your life story on here.

I think you are the one with problems....always feeling the need to brag about how much you make.Alway's? Hardly. Don't put people down for doing well in life. It takes hard work. (Learn it).

If you have such a wonderful life with a husband that supposedly loves you (ya right) then why do you spend every waking hour on here? I'm not. Yet another mistake on your part.

You can't seem to ignore me. I alway's ignore you, untill you go psycho and create a post directed at me. Why don't you add me to your ignore list? Why?

Cuz when I see you I can't help but to point out what an idiot you are. I didn't intend for you to be so envious, that you cannot control posting to me. You may want to work on that at your next appt.
Toodle's Heather. I have responded to you for the last time on this thread.

Heather2

Shay-Pari'e said:
Heather2 said:
So I have mental problems because I pointed out that your posts offered no advice? My post did offer advice. You failed at reading the thread.

Come on shay you're just easily offended. Not at all.

I am very happy with my life right now, nothing to complain about. I don't care. I don't hide being bipolar but if you look at my posts in the past month my posts offer help unlike you who just has insults to add. I don't look for you. If you really do look for me, you would know that I not only give advice, but that I report Kelly. Who insulted who here? You did dear.

And how the he!! do you know if I work and what I make?Actually, I've never known you to work. You may need a car for that, but you lost your car,(Literally). You are in and out of the hospital too much.

That's right you don't cuz it's none of your business. I wish you were not my business, but you seem to tell your life story on here.

I think you are the one with problems....always feeling the need to brag about how much you make.Alway's? Hardly. Don't put people down for doing well in life. It takes hard work. (Learn it).

If you have such a wonderful life with a husband that supposedly loves you (ya right) then why do you spend every waking hour on here? I'm not. Yet another mistake on your part.

You can't seem to ignore me. I alway's ignore you, untill you go psycho and create a post directed at me. Why don't you add me to your ignore list? Why?

Cuz when I see you I can't help but to point out what an idiot you are. I didn't intend for you to be so envious, that you cannot control posting to me. You may want to work on that at your next appt.
Toodle's Heather. I have responded to you for the last time on this thread.
Telling someone not to post their views is not advice.

And why are you bringing up things that happened almost a year ago? It's getting very old. I know why cuz you're shay and your tiny brain can't grasp that I am stable now.

I don't look for you I just came across this thread. If I looked for you I'm sure we would debate A LOT! If you remember the last time we had a debate you are the one who hijacked the last thread to insult me.

If I bothers you that I directed my post to you, get over it. Obviously you are easily offended.

Now go get that liposuction so hubby will want to have something to do with you and we can be rid of you on here.

Shay-Pari'e said:
Accidents happen, but getting behind the wheel impared is NOT an accident. It is SELFISH
That makes absolutely no sense. You're claiming getting behind the wheel is no accident, yet accidents happen.

peanut44 said:
Shay-Pari'e said:
Accidents happen, but dui is selfish? You just proved my point. The guy who hit my dad was parked on the side of the interstate reading a map. When he realized he was going the wrong way, he tried to pull a U-turn across 3 lanes of interstate through the median without looking. This guy is still driving, yet there are plenty of DUI people taking the shoe leather express for not hurting anybody.
I would hope by now you realize that Shay, like many here, have an issue with alcohol. If a driver killed your father, they could care less, unless alcohol was involved. If a man runs a red light while speeding and kills a family, it would only be tragic if alcohol was involved. Alcohol makes all things evil. Without alcohol, it's somehow okay. They would dare not wish punishment for someone who hasn't drank alcohol. To them, tragedy is defined by alcohol.

Can you see the association?

Now, here's some proof to my point. Those who I speak of won't offer any sort of coherent rebuttal. They'll either ignore it or do the name slinging (you’re just a drunk, etc.) but they won't deny what I wrote with anything other than insults. ;)

ezmarelda

fagettaboutit said:
peanut44 said:
I would hope by now you realize that Shay, like many here, have an issue with alcohol. If a driver killed your father, they could care less, unless alcohol was involved. If a man runs a red light while speeding and kills a family, it would only be tragic if alcohol was involved. Alcohol makes all things evil. Without alcohol, it's somehow okay. They would dare not wish punishment for someone who hasn't drank alcohol. To them, tragedy is defined by alcohol.

Can you see the association?

Now, here's some proof to my point. Those who I speak of won't offer any sort of coherent rebuttal. They'll either ignore it or do the name slinging (you’re just a drunk, etc.) but they won't deny what I wrote with anything other than insults. ;)
I will admit I have MAJOR issues with anyone driving under the influance of many different substances not just alcohol...however, your theroy about accidents only being a tragedy if alcohol is involved is quite flawed. I will not rebut with insults at all nor will I sling names. I will simply tell you of the first of several tragic (non DD) accidents which have touched my life.(I have 3 more that I thought of right away)
A friend of mine was the desagnated driver, he was 18 at the time, and was driving his father and his father's best friend home from a bar. It was raining heavily and he was on a rual road (no street lights & very curvy) He swerved to miss a deer on a sharp turn, lost control rolled 2 times and hit a large tree. He and his father were basicly unharmed. His father's friend was not so lucky. He was not wearing his seatbealt and was thrown from the car and died before he made it to the hospital. My friend, the sober driver, was convicted of vehicular manslaughter and I think served 5yrs.

Just curious...do you think that was just punnishment???

Shay-Pari'e

fagettaboutit said:
That makes absolutely no sense. You're claiming getting behind the wheel is no accident, yet accidents happen.
How retarded are you? I never said getting behind the wheel is an accident. I stated that accidents do happen. Someone stopped to soon in traffic can cause a big accident, Are they at fault? Of Course they are!

Difference is, if you are not drunk, you don't go to jail. If you are drunk, you go to jail.

I happen to like the DUI laws,...it keeps my family just a little safer.

There is no debating with you. I do NOT agree with you.

Plain English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">