• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife took kids....dont know where

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I guess the anonymity of an internet message board empowers the regulars on here to treat others like dirt. It's kind of like a bait and switch. They advertise that you'll get free legal advice but what you end up getting are a bunch of rude, unhelpful comments by people who think it's their job and right to point out a poster's flaws and and cast aspersions on their moral character.

LdiJ

I guess the anonymity of an internet message board empowers the regulars on here to treat others like dirt. It's kind of like a bait and switch. They advertise that you'll get free legal advice but what you end up getting are a bunch of rude, unhelpful comments by people who think it's their job and right to point out a poster's flaws and and cast aspersions on their moral character.
Not everyone is like that, and those that are like that are not like that all the time.

However, in all fairness the snark level has been higher than normal lately, and I am not sure why.

CdwJava

Without knowing all the details, there is no way to make a considered evaluation of the situation en toto.

However, assuming the family originated in CA under CA law concealing a child from a party having a legal claim to the child is a crime (a wobbler - it can be a felony or a misdemeanor). You can call the police and report this as a possible violation of PC 278.5. You should also obtain an attorney so that you can get advice as to how to best seek an emergency petition for custody of the child you have in common with your wife.

However, understand that all the facts will come out in such a circumstance, so if there is abuse, neglect, or some other untoward or criminal activity afoot, it will almost certainly come to light.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">