• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I go to jail for UC fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
As an aside to your aside, I was working in Arkansas for 6 months once. I was going down the road, talking to a coworker and observed a house burning to the ground on the side of the interstate. I saw no one there. No people, no firetrucks, no police, nothing!!! I asked my coworker if he thought it was weird that there was no one at the fire. He replied by querying me as to why the fire department would respond to what was obviously someone burning their own house down. When I asked why they were not afraid of being charged for arson. He asked why should it be illegal to burn your own house down.
Truthfully it is NOT illegal to burn your own house down provided YOU do not have a mortgage (you own the house outright), are not asking for insurance funds, no one was hurt or in danger of being hurt.

Last edited:

commentator

I've given this a lot of thought. Really, wouldn't moving to Arkansas be punishment enough for anything short of a capital crime?

DC
When I worked with West TN, that was our little joke. When you send someone a notice of overpayment, and they reacted by totally ignoring the contact, we'd say they'd "moved to Arkansas" Apochrypal story was that a claimant sent back one such notice saying that the individual we were trying to contact had both died and moved to Arkansas.

Off-topic note to BigMouthWino:

When you publish quotes taken out of context, or when you change the wording in a quote, you can misrepresent facts and mislead readers. Putting material in quotes and attributing the source of the quote does not relieve you of the responsibility to quote fairly and accurately.

The quotes you are using in your signature are misleading. The use of quotes in this manner can be legally risky (not to mention a bit nonsensical, as it reflects poorly on you and the advice you offer).
Quincy,

All of the quotes in my signature provide a direct link back to the original post where the author's text can be read in full context. Please provide a single example of a quote that is not something the author typed exactly.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Quincy,

All of the quotes in my signature provide a direct link back to the original post where the author's text can be read in full context. Please provide a single example of a quote that is not something the author typed exactly.
Actually they don't provide a direct link back. And all of those quotes were taken out of context. Quite frankly, the fact that you don't understand why that is an issue illustrates your lack of legal knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">