• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will invalid format

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I had nothing to do him being in the electric lift done by hospital I only intervened when I saw him in trouble and the nurses had left the room

Just Blue

I'm not looking for psychology just the answers of questions. What is invalid format meanin regards to a will. What is the smartest way to deal with caveat and does a caveat require proof of allegations.
You have an attorney and should be asking him/her all questions. S/he has all facts and can better advise/inform you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I've read requirements for a will it needs to have an executor named needs to be signed by two witnesses needs to be dated and the person signing needs to in his right mind. This will meets all requirements so format issue I am not understanding
There really is nothing that we, a bunch of strangers in the internet, can help you with in this matter. You have an attorney - speak to your attorney.

I get answers similar to these well similar to end result I have asked questions the answers are vague and don't answer the question I spent everything I had to get this lawyer I don't have any more money to get another lawyerI read somewhere that if there's problems with the will sometimes and then submit them for correction. I'm not trying to be difficult it's just it's never a bad thing to educate yourself even if you have a lawyer

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The answers are (and always will be) necessarily vague because we are only able to offer very generalized "advice" about the matter. We do not have all of the information and, even if we did, most of us are not attorneys, and NONE of us are YOUR attorney.

The answers are (and always will be) necessarily vague because we are only able to offer very generalized "advice" about the matter. We do not have all of the information and, even if we did, most of us are not attorneys, and NONE of us are YOUR attorney.
I was speaking about my attorney her answers are vague

What makes for a valid will in Georgia - Georgia Code section 53-4-20:

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2019/title-53/chapter-4/article-3/section-53-4-20/
Well it meets those conditions. I guess I will take the will and get someone outside my area to look at it. My husband held some power in my community so I'm suspicious when the probate clerk doesn't even look at the will and tells me it's invalid. My attorney just keeps repeating invalid format when I ask in what way she says it's format is invalid. Oh well that clears it up... Not

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Well it meets those conditions. I guess I will take the will and get someone outside my area to look at it. My husband held some power in my community so I'm suspicious when the probate clerk doesn't even look at the will and tells me it's invalid. My attorney just keeps repeating invalid format when I ask in what way she says it's format is invalid. Oh well that clears it up... Not
So when you ask her WHAT about the format makes it invalid, what did she say?

First he told me that I would have to make a list of everything over $250 in my house then a week later she calls me and tells me the County attorney wants to do a walk-through I don't have a problem with then couple days later she calls me and says his two daughters in the County attorney want to do a walk-through and I told her I had a problem with that because his two daughters haven't talked to him in 15 years and I felt like if I let him come in my house and do a walk-through all that would do would be to let them see what we have so they can say that it was their dad's before he married me they don't know what's in our house because they haven't been there in 15 years and I don't think I should have to give him an idea so that really made her mad and she told me I could get another attorney. And I've been quiet for 20 years I'm tired of being quiet people get run over

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">