• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Withdrew Resignation Letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

apted

What is the name of your state? CA

Hello people, I am hoping to find some help here friends.

Last week Monday, I sent my supervisor an email, in which I tendered my resignation from my employment. In that email I had asked my supervisor if the company would allow me to work through 10-30-06 (meaning, my last day at work will be 10-30-06),

The following day on Tuesday, my supervisor told me he forwarded my email to the manager and was waiting for the manager to tell him whether the company would let me work till 10-30-06. After he told me about this on Tuesday, I told him how bad I felt in sending that email and asked my supervisor to let the manager know that I would like for him (manager) to disregard my email, as I was very upset when I sent that email to my supervisor.

My supervisor was very happy about my decision and told me he would let the manager know to disregard my email. Today, the manager called me and my supervisor to his office and surprised me by saying the company accepts my resignation but with an effective date of 10-1-06. When I told the manager that I had already told my supervisor to let him know to disregard my email, the manager said he was not told of that by my supervisor. When he confronted the supervisor, the supervisor confirmed what I said.
The manager then told me that he would speak to our HR dept but does not think they would agree to continue my employment?

Can someone please guide me about this matter? I like to thank you all in advance for your kind assistance.

ecmst12

Good luck finding a new job! A letter of resignation isn't something you can "take back", next time think it through.

mlane58

Agree with ecmst12. You gave your resignation and the company gladly accepted. You are not in a position to rescind it or expect the company to let you stay on. Unless you are absolutely sure you are staying then don't foolishly tender your resignation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">