• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

withheld wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Nevada

Employer provided cellphone while employed, I resigned on a tuesday, 8 days later on the normal payday I went to pick up final chk and return cellphone, to find employer withheld $250 because phone not returned within 24 hrs of resignation. Is this legal? what recourse do I have? Phone only worth $50 max!


I'm a Northern Girl
This is almost certainly not legal; your recourse is to contact the state DOL and file a complaint for unpaid wages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential