• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Witholding evidence?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peanut44

What is the name of your state? GA

I was arrested several months ago for DUI. I posted the details here and you folks quite eloquently slammed the gavel on me fairly quickly. GUILTY! :)

I've got some more info regarding the development of my case and I'd appreciate your input.

The city has been sandbagging me when requesting the video. It's been requested several times and it's always a different excuse. I was beginning to believe that there was something (or or lack of something) in the video that could help my defense. Finally, we subpoena'd (sp?) it. It was a 10 day order and it came on time. It was a CD with my name and a case # etc, but there was NO VIDEO on it. It was blank. If the state is failing to comply, would there be any benefit to my criminal case?

Yeah, I know, ask my lawyer. The truth is, today was the 10th day and he's MIA. Court is tomorrow morning and I kind of want an idea of what to expect.

Thanks in advance

seniorjudge

peanut44 said:
What is the name of your state? GA

I was arrested several months ago for DUI. I posted the details here and you folks quite eloquently slammed the gavel on me fairly quickly. GUILTY! :)

I've got some more info regarding the development of my case and I'd appreciate your input.

The city has been sandbagging me when requesting the video. It's been requested several times and it's always a different excuse. I was beginning to believe that there was something (or or lack of something) in the video that could help my defense. Finally, we subpoena'd (sp?) it. It was a 10 day order and it came on time. It was a CD with my name and a case # etc, but there was NO VIDEO on it. It was blank. If the state is failing to comply, would there be any benefit to my criminal case?

Yeah, I know, ask my lawyer. The truth is, today was the 10th day and he's MIA. Court is tomorrow morning and I kind of want an idea of what to expect.

Thanks in advance
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=301958

Happy Trails

peanut44 said:
Thanks Judge, any input as to my current situation?
I have some input. Go to the link that SJ provided and read that, that information and opinions still apply. (Grasping at straws...)

Please post back with an update.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">