• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Witness requirements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chief

OHIO
Mea culpa/Sorry,
When first asked, I didn't pay attention to detail and include state.
Repeat:
"Wife is sole beneficiary of her 91 year old mother and is also executor. I am succeeding executor and beneficiary. Can Step Children of wife act as witnesses to updated will?"

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
chief said:
OHIO
Mea culpa/Sorry,
When first asked, I didn't pay attention to detail and include state.
Repeat:
"Wife is sole beneficiary of her 91 year old mother and is also executor. I am succeeding executor and beneficiary. Can Step Children of wife act as witnesses to updated will?"
Are step children mentioned in 91 year old mother's will? Are they geared to receive a lot from wife? This is not as simple question as you make it sound -- witnesses cannot receive or benefit from a will. In ideal circumstances, witnesses would be legal strangers to the situation. For instance a neighbor who is not mentioned at all or the secretary of the notary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">