• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Woman owes me $5000. plus interest.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Colorado

Two years ago a cousin of my roommate asked me to borrow 5000.00 and said they were going
get a 2nd mortgage in 2 weeks to pay me back. For over a year I did not hear from her. I
sent her numerous letters and made phone calls requesting that she call me to discuss it. I offered her monthly payments or whatever would help her.

Finally, when a relative was in town I used their cell phone to talk to her (since she screened her calls).
She said she just could not pay it but would try when she could.

It is another year. I sent a FED X letter 4 weeks ago informing her that I would like to hear from her and would like my money in a month, would give her terms. Noting That she had not called me once since she borrowed it.

I have a copy of the cashiers check with LOAN written on it and my letters that she signed for. That is all.

I want to take her to small claims court since she is just blowing me off. What are my chances?



How do I get the cancelled cashiers check?

Thnaks for the advice but... I did not know that it was possible to get a a cancelled cashiers
check ...especially 2 years later? How do i do that ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential