• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers comp check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? PA

I've been liviving in PA since January & had planned to be here only about 6 months to get on my feet & return to CA but I was injured on the job I started working & then came months of therapy , doctors, the IME , Depo, & so on so I'm still here.

Now my case is about to settle next week I go before the judge & sign off on my employers resignation papers.
I don't have a bank account in CA anymore I just closed it out & then I then thought that I could open one here but then I couldn't because I didn't have a PA Drivers License or passport & so on.

So I just cash my checks at a check cashers center.
Now I'll have a very large check & I am not going to a check cashing place. Does anybody know how I can cash it here & have it transfered to a CA bank?
I'm broke & I don't have the cash to just fly out to CA & start a new account & wait for it to clear. I can but I'll be living on the corners of cross & walk while waiting ....Also I haven't found any banks in Philly that have branches in L A .

Any advice will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks, D52


Senior Member
But if you open an account in CA, you may very well have problems writing checks in Pennsylvania. Plus, you'll still need ID for a retailer or bank to accept or cash your check. It's been quite a long time since I opened a checking or savings account so I don't have any idea what kind of ID is required these days but you should be able to get a State ID, which looks similar to a driver's license. Contact your local DMV office and see if they provide photo ID's such as this. Then you should be able to open a local checking account and have the balance transferred to a CA bank when the time comes.


WC Check

Thanks beth for your response.
I still have my CA drivers license though but it's a good idea for me to get a PA State I.D.
These east coast bank want more than Drivers licensees they want everything short of you blood type & donor card (LOL)



Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential