• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Works published in 1923 now in the public domain ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I used to hear him regularly, until I stopped drinking :)
Haha. :)

I should have noted earlier that only the play "Peter Pan" still has copyright protection in the US. Barrie's "Little White Bird" and "Peter and Wendy" are in the public domain.

The "Peter Pan" copyright is in some ways similar to the copyright protection of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes, where some early works are in the public domain and the copyrights have not expired in later works.

This makes some of the characters and elements of these works free to use.

As another note on Peter Pan: Peter Pan is a federally registered trademark, with trademark rights held by Disney and by Peter Pan bus line and by a peanut butter maker (Hunt-Wesson Foods).

As mentioned previously, even when copyrights expire. there can be other existing rights to consider.

(quincy is always ready and willing to answer unasked questions - hahaha :))

adjusterjack

I remember one kid in middle school memorized "Paul Revere's Ride" and was upset when the teacher gave us both A's. Haha.
I had to memorize PRR in 6th grade. Never could get it right. Even now I only remember the first couple of lines.

quincy

I had to memorize PRR in 6th grade. Never could get it right. Even now I only remember the first couple of lines.
The kid I knew in middle school messed up his recitation a couple of times and had to refer to his notes. I think he got an A for his attempt to memorize a longer poem, I think I got an A for being smart enough not to attempt a longer poem. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">