• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Details on Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I was pulled for failure to stop at a stop sign, which I believe I stopped at. Additionally, the ticket says it was a "flashing red light" and it was a 4-way stop. I will contest this ticket, but will it come down to the officer's word versus mine? Or will the incorrect information on the ticket help me?



Thanks for the info. When I contest a ticket, do I still have to pay the court fee, which is fairly large? So in essence, will I only be saving myself the fine/penalty which is rather small? not taking into account any insurance increase and assuming I do get the charge dropped. of course.
Last edited:


Senior Member
North Carolina allows a Prayer for Judgement plea once every three years. This means that you will have to pay the fine but the ticket will be masked (not show on your record).

You have little chance of beating the ticket so this may be your best route.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential