• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Time on Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? Florida

Well its me again sniffing for ways to get out of my ticket.

I was looking at my ticket and noticed the cop put the wrong time down. Should have been 11:09am but he has 11:09pm.

Another thing. He has my license as a Class E license but also listed as a CDL. My license is a Class B CDL license.

if you havent read my previose post check out - No Motorcycle Endorsement


Senior Member
The license classification simply won't get you out of this one.

However, the time error MIGHT.... but it depends on the tolerance and interpretation of the judge.... and that is a hell of a risk.

Here is how it works:
1) If you can PROVE that you were elsewhere at the time that the alleged crime (traffic violation) occured, then you obviously can't be guilty, or
2) If you can PROVE that the officer was NOT on duty at the claimed time, then the citing officer could not have witnessed the alleged violation.

I have occasionally been able to get this to work.... but sometimes the judge just says, "So, he got the time wrong. But he WAS in violation of the law and is guilty". It all depends on whether the judge goes STRICTLY by the law.... or applies a little 'leeway'. And I can almost guarantee that the leeway will be applied if you try to do this yourself without an attorney!!!


Senior Member
The easiest way to get out of the ticket will involve obtain a copy of the officers report. You will have to subpeona the officer or police department to get it. If the report also has the wrong time, it could be a slam dunk getting the ticket dismissed. But if the police report has the correct time, the officer or prosecuting attorney can have the citation easily amended, takes only a few seconds in the court room. This has worked for me a couple of times while assisting others with traffic tickets. The wrong type of license notation will have no bearing unless your citation includes a violation of the license type.


Well I went down and got my endorsement permit again today. Man If I knew I didnt have to take the test each time I would have gotten it each time I needed to. All I did was go in and say I needed another permit. He printed it up and had me sign it and that was it. He said I could keep getting them for 300 days from the first 1 I got... wonder if that will help me out.

Anyways. then went to the clerk of court for my ticket and the lady couldn't find out what to charge me with. Seems she couldn't find a charge for 322.57(2) of the Florida State Statues to charge me with. So she had to file it as a Statue/Change Discrepancy and give me a court date with that.

Is my case seeming better for me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential