• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Death /Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My 4o year old sister recently passed away due to hospital/doctor negligence. I have obtained an attorney. What I want to know is whether or not a parent who has an adult child that is disabled that drew their disability income from the parents social security income is automatically deemed Power Of Attorney or Legal Guardian. My sister lived independently, worked, and payed her own debts. She did not have a "payee". Can anyone advise??



I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

I am not sure who is paying for whom, but if you are asking about if someone has or had power of attorney...there is usally a form or contract signed indicating such...whether it is on a medical document or separate privately made one.

Check all paperwork and speak with a legal professional who deals with power of attorney issues directly relating to social security monies and hospital debts.

I hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential