• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful disclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mpfups

What is the name of your state? MD

Recently purchased a home approximately 5 months ago, to what I thought was the ideal situation. However after having heavy downpour of rain recently, my front bay window to my home has started leaking into the living room drenching the carpets and walls. The house purchased is only 5 years old.To my knowledge, I thought the seller would be required to disclose information about the house if they knew this information. I have a witness (my current neighbor)that has stated she knew of this information of the windows leaking when the previous owners were in the house. The previous owner disclosed to my current neighbor, that she had furniture ruined from a leak in the window and repaired the window several times. I have spoken to my real estate agent regarding this situation. Can someone please help me with this situation, I am planning on hiring a lawyer.I want to know the best way to handle this situation. I don't feel I should be the individual paying for this repair and clean up.

BelizeBreeze

mpfups said:
What is the name of your state? MD

Recently purchased a home approximately 5 months ago, to what I thought was the ideal situation. However after having heavy downpour of rain recently, my front bay window to my home has started leaking into the living room drenching the carpets and walls. The house purchased is only 5 years old.To my knowledge, I thought the seller would be required to disclose information about the house if they knew this information. I have a witness (my current neighbor)that has stated she knew of this information of the windows leaking when the previous owners were in the house. The previous owner disclosed to my current neighbor, that she had furniture ruined from a leak in the window and repaired the window several times. I have spoken to my real estate agent regarding this situation. Can someone please help me with this situation, I am planning on hiring a lawyer.I want to know the best way to handle this situation. I don't feel I should be the individual paying for this repair and clean up.
There is no such thing as 'wrongful disclosure' ...this is a simple case of non-disclosure for which you will tell your attorney you wish to sue for costs of repairs, damages and legal costs.

HomeGuru

BelizeBreeze said:
There is no such thing as 'wrongful disclosure' ...this is a simple case of non-disclosure for which you will tell your attorney you wish to sue for costs of repairs, damages and legal costs.

**A: there is such a thing as wrongful disclosure. It happens all the time on this website. Anyway, I agree with the remedies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">