• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wth

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

What is the name of your state? michigan

is it legalfor a spouse to sell a home from under you
You can add this to your other thread.

If I recall from your "help" thread, neither of you own the house so neither of you can sell it.

Drahgun

yeah shes being really vindictive and i didnt cheat or anything like that just wason third and didnt help as much as she liked

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Is this another mobile home? If so, are you both on the title? If you're both on the title, is is "Drahgun AND Mrs. Drahgun" or "Drahgun OR Mrs. Drahgun"?

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
So it's a mobile home? Then your ex wouldn't be legally able to sell the home. Unless, of course, it's titled to you OR your mom, and your mom signed off on it.

quincy

And your concern is that your wife, simply because she is your wife, might be able to sell the home that is owned by you and your mom?

She can't.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
However, depending on when it was purchased, what funds were used for the purchase and any upkeep, it MAY be considered (at least partially) a marital asset for the purposes of divorce.

You really need to consult a lawyer with all of these issues.

quincy

However, depending on when it was purchased, what funds were used for the purchase and any upkeep, it MAY be considered (at least partially) a marital asset for the purposes of divorce.

You really need to consult a lawyer with all of these issues.
I agree that, when it comes time to divorce, Drahgun will want an attorney.

Michigan is an "equitable division" state, however, and it would be very unlikely that in a divorce a court would order sold a house titled to Drahgun and his mom. His house should be safe.

Drahgun

I am seeing a lawyer on the 9th just shit came up and I was concerned the new owner tried calling me and demanding the title I said I'll see you in court I mean if the house is awarded in the divorce it's one thing but her trying to sell it is ridiculous

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">