• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wth

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

I am seeing a lawyer on the 9th just shit came up and I was concerned the new owner tried calling me and demanding the title I said I'll see you in court I mean if the house is awarded in the divorce it's one thing but her trying to sell it is ridiculous
You really do a very poor job of explaining your problems. You seem to be saying here that your wife DID sell the mobile home, fraudulently since she did not own it, and now someone is demanding the title from you.

A judge cannot award her a house owned by you and your mother. A judge can only award her a cash payout based on a share of the marital equity in the house. Therefore if she sold the house to someone she committed the crime of fraud, and you need to inform the buyer of that.

quincy

I am seeing a lawyer on the 9th just shit came up and I was concerned the new owner tried calling me and demanding the title I said I'll see you in court I mean if the house is awarded in the divorce it's one thing but her trying to sell it is ridiculous
I agree it is ridiculous to try to sell a house you don't own.

It is good that you have a lawyer appointment lined up for the 9th. Perhaps this lawyer can make sense of it all.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">