• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Yes, a step parent can be made to pay child support in the state of Florida.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomFightsBack

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I join forums to help people and to get help when I need it, so I decided I would post this for any other parent who is dealing with a step parent who wants legal rights to the children, but doesn't want to pay child support...

So, yes, it can be done.

I plan to follow through on this. I have no expectations of winning, but I am going to fight for it like I'm fighting to win..

I will keep everyone posted, and if I do win, hopefully it actually does help someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

MomFightsBack

I join forums to help people and to get help when I need it, so I decided I would post this for any other parent who is dealing with a step parent who wants legal rights to the children, but doesn't want to pay child support...

So, yes, it can be done.

I plan to follow through on this. I have no expectations of winning, but I am going to fight for it like I'm fighting to win..

I will keep everyone posted, and if I do win, hopefully it actually does help someone.
For some reason, the url I gave to support this is gone... (wondering if I accidentally deleted it,) so here it is again.

(deleted)

Last edited by a moderator:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

So, yes, it can be done.

The link is not allowed - that is why your post was reported.

I'm glad you have no expectation of winning - even from the (now removed) link that you posted, you don't meet the elements required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">