• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scared

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Really? I didn't lie Toyota told me what to when I notified them my sister passed & I did it.
Thx
YOU HAD NO LEGAL RIGHT TO DO IT. You lied when you implied that you had a right to do anything. The car belongs to the estate. NOT to you. Not to anyone. Not until the estate is probated.

NO. The DMV can't help you. That was for California. You are NOT IN CALIFORNIA. Good grief. Unclean hands. You have no right to do ANYTHING WITH THE CAR. It belongs to the estate.
What estate? She had no will & her son doesnt drive. I called Toyota told them she passed & they advised me what to do.
Thx

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What estate? She had no will & her son doesnt drive. I called Toyota told them she passed & they advised me what to do.
Thx
THEY CAN NOT LEGALLY ADVISE YOU. Good grief. Her estate is her property. Doesn't matter that her son doesn't drive. Can someone else explain this concept to her because I have tried. This OP doesn't seem to want to comprehend anything.

quincy

Thx
An attorney in your area should be able to untangle any mess created with ownership of the car. You obviously made a mistake in believing you could take over ownership of your sister’s car without proper transfer of the title - but it appears to be an honest mistake that no one in your family seemed to notice or object to. What seems relatively clear is that Toyota will eventually wind up in possession of the car.

Good luck.

THEY CAN NOT LEGALLY ADVISE YOU. Good grief. Her estate is her property. Doesn't matter that her son doesn't drive. Can someone else explain this concept to her because I have tried. This OP doesn't seem to want to comprehend anything.
If I should've gone to a probate lawyer say that.
Thx u goodbye

An attorney in your area should be able to untangle any mess created with ownership of the car. You obviously made a mistake in believing you could take over ownership of your sister’s car without proper transfer of the title - but it appears to be an honest mistake that no one in your family seemed to notice or object to. What seems relatively clear is that Toyota will eventually wind up in possession of the car.

Good luck.
O ok...thx for explaining this so clearly.

PayrollHRGuy

So basically I should've gone to a probate lawyer
This isn't so much a matter of what you should have done but what you shouldn't have done. You shouldn't have just taken property that was not yours. With no will the car and any other property should have gone to the son.

This isn't so much a matter of what you should have done but what you shouldn't have done. You shouldn't have just taken property that was not yours. With no will the car and any other property should have gone to the son.
I didn't know to go to a probate lawyer nor did I know that i shouldn't have taken the car so I phoned Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">