• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 different dads

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilylanex3

What is the name of your state? NC
The birth father of my son who is 11years old didn't have anything to do with my son he didn't pay child support. I got remarried and my husband adopted my son. We didn't have to have the biological dad sign anything because the lawyer said he abanded my son. Now I have divorced my husband and the biological dad is back in the picture with my son. He is now paying child support but so is my exhusband who adopted my son. My ex is not wanting my child to see his biological father. He has said he is going to get a lawyer to make my son not see his biological father. Is he allowed to do that? Can my exhusband make my son not see his biological father? Is it legal for me to be receiving child support from both men? Neither knows the other is paying. But the biological father does owe me for back childsupport.
Please help me!!!
Lisa

MrsK

lilylanex3 said:
The birth father of my son who is 11years old didn't have anything to do with my son he didn't pay child support. I got remarried and my husband adopted my son. We didn't have to have the biological dad sign anything because the lawyer said he abanded my son. Now I have divorced my husband and the biological dad is back in the picture with my son. He is now paying child support but so is my exhusband who adopted my son. My ex is not wanting my child to see his biological father. He has said he is going to get a lawyer to make my son not see his biological father. Is he allowed to do that? Can my exhusband make my son not see his biological father? Is it legal for me to be receiving child support from both men? Neither knows the other is paying. But the biological father does owe me for back childsupport.
Please help me!!!
Lisa
Correct me if I am wrong, someone....but its quite illegal to collect support for one child from two men. Even if it wasnt illegal, dont you feel like a scummy bitch for doing that??

Rushia

MrsK said:
Correct me if I am wrong, someone....but its quite illegal to collect support for one child from two men. Even if it wasnt illegal, dont you feel like a scummy bitch for doing that??
Furthermore, does the biodad know that his son was adopted? It may not be illegal if she is collecting the back support. Ex hubby is now the LEGAL father of the child. Biodad is a legal stanger.

Silverplum

MrsK said:
*hysterics!* :p

Hold on, are you saying that your ex husband adopted your kid, but without paperwork or going through the courts?? Has any of this gone through the court system??????

Shay-Pari'e

MrsK said:
LOL, tell us how you really feel Mrsk.;)

E

eme76

ok...so are you asking "how can i get c/s out of both men?" :eek: :rolleyes:
if so you are just what mrsk said and you won't get the answer your looking for here
o/t(sort of)-i wish your son luck in all of this and i hope you will alow him to have a relationship with both men

S

shell007

Once this is all ironed out....Shouldn't the OP also have to PAY SOMEONE BACK some $$$$?

Lisabyday

lilylanex3 said:
Please help me!!!
Lisa
If the biological dad had arrearages before your son was adopted by your ex-husband and he is paying the arrearages I suppose you are in the clear. I hate to do this but I assume when you say the bio-dad owes you some child support that there was an order involved. If there was no order then surely he doesn't "legally" owe you anything. I could be wrong.

nextwife

The child's REAL FATHER, the father that supported him during your marriage, and that adopted him and has been paying CS since, has every right to object to your unilateral decision to involve the child with his former dad.

You want the financial advantage of having EX hubby still be dad, but sounds like you want to stick it to him by trying to displace his actual role as your child's dad.

Your ex husband is legally just as much this child's parent as you are. The other guy is now a legal stranger.

AHA

lilylanex3 said:
Please help me!!!
Lisa
So in how long a time did all this happen? It seems odd, that after a decade, biodad all of a sudden appears, you drop hubby like a hot potato and bio dad start paying cs out of the blue. Does bio dad even know that another man adopted his son? Are there court orders for either of these cs payments you are receiving?

You do realise that hubby became your son's father in every way the minute he signed the adoption papers, and bio dad pretty much ceased to exist? Your child is not like a puppy you can just pawn off to any man you come across. Is your son not majorly confused about the dad swapping?

You need to be role model for your child and talk to both of your men and TELL THEM THAT THEY ARE BOTH PAYING FOR THE SAME CHILD!!!!!!

Just Blue

Okay Folks!! Do we want to place bets on that chances of the OP comong back and answering questions??.....I have a C-note burning a hole in my pocket....Anyone??:)

lilylanex3

No you don't understand. Or maybe I don't understand. I did not invite Bio dad to come back into my son's life. I didn't want my son to ever meet him. But when I divorced my husband I had to move back to the town I am from which is where he lives. So by accident he ran into me and my son in the local store. I love my son and want to only do what is best for him. So what do I do when he says "that is my real father and I want to see him" then I have my ex saying no he can't see him but my ex doesn't even see my son now. My son is completly in the middle of this mess and I don't know how to get him out or what is best. The reason why bio dad is paying child support is because It is back child support. I would rather not have any money from either of them so my child won't get hurt. That is why I'm writing I don't know what to do. Do I tell my child when he askes to see bio dad do I say no you can't because when you were little he left you. I mean is that the best thing to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">