• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 different dads

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilylanex3

Ex is also in a different state then where we were originally. I have no problem sending my son to stay with dad and told dad that but DAD said no he is working too much and son would be at babysitters all the time so don't send him

E

eme76

ok here's the deal...in more ways than one you made a mess of things and there will be no easy way to fix it all...however #1.if bio-dad wants to know his son and child wants to know bio-dad i see no reason that should not happen no matter what happened in the past. denying your son the chance to know bio-dad will only make him resent you in the long run... #2.if adop-dad has a problem with bio-dad seeing child he will have to take the issue to court and i don't see him getting very far if bio-dad is seeing child during your time not his (assuming adop-dad has visitation and/or custody) #3. if bio-dad owes back support and there is a court order for adop-dad to pay cs too then woo-hoo for you (i guess:rolleyes: )you will be getting $$ from both until bio's is paid off

side note-try to keep your son out of any "adult" decisions or discusions he does not need to think any part of this situation is his fault or his problem to fix......i don't think enough people think of the long run when having step-parents adopt :eek:

lilylanex3

And maybe we won't be in this situation to begin with if real (adopted ) dad didn't cheat on me and then kicked me out of my house with OUR SON. I only came on here for help but I guess I should have Known better to think that would happen

lilylanex3

eme 76 thank you for the help I do appreciate it and I never wanted any of this to happen If they could have been any way I could have avoided moving back to this small town and having to confront my past I would have I never mention any of this in front of my child.

E

eme76

lilylanex3 said:
eme 76 thank you for the help I do appreciate it and I never wanted any of this to happen If they could have been any way I could have avoided moving back to this small town and having to confront my past I would have I never mention any of this in front of my child.
youre welcome:)
try to weed through all the crazy & judgemental stuff here and you will usualy end up with some good advice

just wondering...has there been any court order for visatation re adop-dad?

lilylanex3

HMMM sure is funny when the whole story is told I don't seem to be getting as many replies or rude remarks
Sincerly,
Scummy Bitch

E

eme76

lilylanex3 said:
Court order visitation for Bio dad?

I don't think so or are you talking about real (adoptive) dad??
sorry...yes i ment real adoptive dad

lilylanex3

adoptive dad has joint custody I did that because he asked me to but he said that really I would have full custody

Litigation!

lilylanex3 said:
Is it being done legally. and no i did't receive any state aid
bio dad is paying through state because he has a certain amount the state says he has to pay for back child support

My response:

So, the fact is, you're NOT receiving child support from BOTH Dads. You're only receiving what is due to you for the first 4 years or so, and then you're planning on telling Bio-Dad when he's done paying the arrearages. Also, you'll be informing Adoptive Dad about your receipt of arrearages from Bio-Dad, right?

Also, you plan on informing the State about Adoptive Dad's child support payments, right?

Yeah, right. Not as long as there's money to be made on the deal!

Next, you'll be writing to us about how this whole thing has blown up in your face!

IAAL

lilylanex3

So my son is with me all the time and he said he would get him on summer break and every other holiday or ever other year for the holiday (but he has failed to follow through)

E

eme76

lilylanex3 said:
adoptive dad has joint custody I did that because he asked me to but he said that really I would have full custody
i wouldnt worry about him telling you bio-dad cant see your child then unless it was interfearing with his visatation time there isnt much he can do to limit who your son sees when he is with you:)

Good Luck;) to you and your son

E

eme76

Litigation! said:
My response:

So, the fact is, you're NOT receiving child support from BOTH Dads. You're only receiving what is due to you for the first 4 years or so, and then you're planning on telling Bio-Dad when he's done paying the arrearages. Also, you'll be informing Adoptive Dad about your receipt of arrearages from Bio-Dad, right?

Also, you plan on informing the State about Adoptive Dad's child support payments, right?

Yeah, right. Not as long as there's money to be made on the deal!

Next, you'll be writing to us about how this whole thing has blown up in your face!

IAAL

who hurt you so much that you have to take it out on everyone:(
i used to have a slight bit of respect for you and your posts but lately you just make me sad

Lisabyday

lilylanex3 said:
HMMM sure is funny when the whole story is told I don't seem to be getting as many replies or rude remarks
Sincerly,
Scummy Bitch
I am sure there are plenty replies and/or rude remarks to keep this going. So I will start it off by saying, I don't think anyone here truly knows the "whole story" we have only heard your side. You started this thread with a "part of the story" which included asking the question - is it legal to get child support from both real and bio dad. With what you wrote, you got answers and remarks.

I hold firm to what I said earlier - time for a heart to heart with all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">