• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my 13 year old son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctaylor

My son kicked a fellow student at school, while the boy was on the ground! The boy on the ground was beaten by another boy who did significant damage to his mouth, then the school called me to pick up my son after school principal and police talked to him. I was never notified that they were talking to him or about the incident. they just told me to pick him up! what are my sons rights, I am worried that they will charge him with the beating . all he did was kick the boy one time in the leg....Wisconsin

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If it was my kid? I'd be talking to a lawyer. Who taught your son that kicking someone was okay? Especially someone on the ground?

(walking away muttering about things learned in kindegarten.)

ctaylor

No one taught my son to kick someone who is down, he did that wrong and I am not condoning what he did! he is punished at this time for the kick. ask me what the kid did

Wolflmg

stealth2 said:
Doesn't matter what the other kid did. And I'd still be talking to a lawyer.
Defently want to be getting a lawyer, your son could be looking at assault charges. He helped assist the other boy in beating up this kid, now hadn't he kicked the boy that would be a whole another thing. But since he did make contact, he probably will get into some kind of trouble, whether by the school, the boys parents or both.

I suggest your son, better start at thinking about sending an apology letter to the boy he kicked. It wont do much, but in the long run, it might just help, to show, if this goes to court, it will tell the judge that your son, is sorry for what happened.

ctaylor

wolflmg

My son has written an apology letter. I appreciate your advise, I am not saying what he did is excusable, but this is my child. I am definitley not trying to excuse it , trust me he knows that i feel really disappointed. I want to make sure that his rights arent violated.

Wolflmg

ctaylor said:
My son has written an apology letter. I appreciate your advise, I am not saying what he did is excusable, but this is my child. I am definitley not trying to excuse it , trust me he knows that i feel really disappointed. I want to make sure that his rights arent violated.
No his rights weren't violated, even though he's a minor, he's on school grounds and that's a little more different if it had been at home.

Schools have a whole another set of rules, they're able to check students lockers, and bookbages, and even their cars in school parking lots. At my highschool, on certain days, during school hours, and it was never known in advace, officers would come to school with dogs to sniff the lockers and car parking lots. Like it or not, that's just the way things go.

It's good he wrote the letter, that will end up helping him in the long run.

Happy Trails

ctaylor said:
The school didn't do anything wrong.

Research loco parentis.

Happy Trails said:
The school didn't do anything wrong.

Research loco parentis.

Oh my lordy pie.

This was classic.

I was going to say this was a lynching situation. It sickens me, but at least HT made me lighten up a little. Thanks Happy.

Happy Trails

ctaylor said:
re: your comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought this site was for legal advise. I didnt know there were so many people without anything to do all day but to be on the internet making idiotic statements. If u cannot provide legal info, or advise then you need to get a life....
I don't know why my comment offended you.

Probably because it was something you didn't want to hear.

Happy Trails

ctaylor said:
No

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your ignorance could never offend me. I live in a beautiful suburban home and I have a life. Unlike you which I see you have nothing else better to do than to sit on line all day . When you make comments without hearing the entire story, that makes you ignorant......
I made one comment.

I think you have me confused with someone else. If you don't want to post the whole story that is not my fault. We can only reply on what you posted.

I'm happy you have a wonderful life, me too.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Wolflmg said:
It's good he wrote the letter, that will end up helping him in the long run.
Not necessarily - it's an admission of guilt which may be something that will cause him more problems in the long run. Which is why this parent should be speaking with a local attorney to represent the kid.

But, she's not interested in my input, as her pm's make abundantly clear. So she should go ahead and try to handle this on her own, perhaps making it worse for her son than she already has.

Happy Trails

stealth2 said:
Not necessarily - it's an admission of guilt which may be something that will cause him more problems in the long run. Which is why this parent should be speaking with a local attorney to represent the kid.

But, she's not interested in my input, as her pm's make abundantly clear. So she should go ahead and try to handle this on her own, perhaps making it worse for her son than she already has.
I think she misunderstood what loco parentis meant.

Maybe Ctaylor thought I was calling her a crazy parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">