• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statutory rape w/14yr old male

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

all13579

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I'm 18, but my boyfriend is 14. For most of the past year he has been trying to convince me that we should have sex and eventually I gave in and did it once. I was really good friends with his family until his mom found out. So far, as long as I stay away from them and not contact them, she won't report it. I have agreed to it, but should I have a lawyer ready in case she decides to prosecute anyways? What can I do to minimize my sentence if I do have to go to court? How long until the crime is too old to be prosecuted? If he still wants to marry me after he's out of the house, can they still press charges then? I saw in the news that a 19 yr old was let off without a sentence as long as he stayed in good standing or something like that for the next 2 years. Does anyone know how he convinced the judge to give him that?

seniorjudge

all13579 said:
What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I'm 18, but my boyfriend is 14. For most of the past year he has been trying to convince me that we should have sex and eventually I gave in and did it once. I was really good friends with his family until his mom found out. So far, as long as I stay away from them and not contact them, she won't report it. I have agreed to it, but should I have a lawyer ready in case she decides to prosecute anyways? What can I do to minimize my sentence if I do have to go to court? How long until the crime is too old to be prosecuted? If he still wants to marry me after he's out of the house, can they still press charges then? I saw in the news that a 19 yr old was let off without a sentence as long as he stayed in good standing or something like that for the next 2 years. Does anyone know how he convinced the judge to give him that?
SEX WITH CHILDREN STANDARD ANSWER

“If you have to ask whether it's legal or not, then regardless of whether the answer is yes or no, it's a very, very bad idea.” --cbg

“If you are under 18 and mom [or dad] says no, it's no. End of story.” --cbg

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=222394

http://www.ageofconsent.com/
I can’t guarantee that this info is correct.

There are thousands of questions similar to yours on this forum; thus I have prepared this standard answer.

Stand by for further responses.

From MSNBC.com

Moms Arrested For Allegedly Condoning Sex Offender Relationship
WVIT-TV

LITCHFIELDConn. - Two women have been arrested for allegedly allowing a sexual relationship between their children.

State police arrested the two mothers Tuesday, accusing them of condoning a relationship between a 14-year-old girl and a 24-year-old man.

State police arrested Lorraine Pereira, 42, in Torrington, Conn., the mother of a 24-year-old convicted sex offender. She was charged with risk of injury to a minor and is now out on a $5,000 bond.

Pereira is the mother of Nathaniel Pereira, a twice-convicted sex offender ordered on two prior occasions by a judge to stay away from underage girls. Pereira was taken into state custody last month.

Police have charged a 32-year-old Goshen woman, the mother of the 14-year-old girl, with risk of injury to a minor.

According to the arrest warrant, Nathaniel Pereira spent several nights with the young girl in a motel room in Goshen, Conn., and his home in Torrington, where he lived with his mother.

"This is a sensitive investigation. It involves a young female and therefore we're doing everything we can to protect that female's identity," said State Police Sgt. Paul Vance.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is wrong with you that you're interested in a child? Be glad he's not my son. Very glad.

all13579

stealth2 said:
What is wrong with you that you're interested in a child? Be glad he's not my son. Very glad.

He was the one initially interested in me. He turns 15 in just weeks, and I do know it was wrong to allow this to happen before his 16 bday despite how much he was trying to coax me into it. What I need to know now is if I should have a lawyer on hand and what I can do to help me get the minimal sentence if his parents take me to court. I know they have every right to do so, there's no doubt in my mind that I was wrong.

Mbarr77

Sorry, but do not try to tell a judge that a 14 year old child coaxed an 18 year old ADULT into having sex..it just won't wash!

Definition of statutory rape in NH:

Felonious sexual assault for anyone to engage in sexual penetration with a person, other than his spouse, who is under age 16

Sentence:

Up to seven years imprisonment!

Answer to question:

Totally up to you if you choose to get a lawyer before you find out whether of not they press charges. It would be your money you are spending!!

Piece of advice:

Do not think, look at, call, or even think about contacting this CHILD! Cause if I was his parents I would not be nearly as nice as his seem to be being by not pressing charges already!~!

fairisfair

all13579 said:
He was the one initially interested in me. He turns 15 in just weeks, and I do know it was wrong to allow this to happen before his 16 bday despite how much he was trying to coax me into it. What I need to know now is if I should have a lawyer on hand and what I can do to help me get the minimal sentence if his parents take me to court. I know they have every right to do so, there's no doubt in my mind that I was wrong.
No doubt in your mind huh??? why, because now you are afraid that you are caught that you will be punished??

I don't see where you are going on at all about what damage you may have caused this young boy. You are just blaming him instead.

I hope they do take you to court, and throw your a$$ in jail, you can get yourself a nice adult lover there.

CdwJava

Also remember that it is not up to the parents to press charges - it is up to the prosecutor! And, the SOL for this is likely 3 years or more, and any mandated reporter (teacher, counselor, doctor, etc.) will have to report it to the police if he 'fesses up about it to them. And mom could decide that she doesn't want to risk jail for failing to report it herself and report it anyway.

You can wait until the police come a-callin', but I would heed the advice to cease any and all contact with this kid until he's an adult - NOT just 16.

- Carl

AHA

all13579 said:
It doesn't matter if he initiated it, legally he is not old enough to make such a decision whereas YOU are already old enough to know that it was wrong and should have stopped it.
The deed is done, the crime is committed, there is nothing you can do now to rectify that. If you want to make yourself look better for the judge, then you need to stay away from children.
What exactly would you answer a judge when he/she asks you why you should only get the minimal sentence?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
all13579 said:
Uh huh. And your hormones were just raging out of control and you couldn't say no. Right. Like I said - be glad he's not my son.

AHA

stealth2 said:
Uh huh. And your hormones were just raging out of control and you couldn't say no. Right. Like I said - be glad he's not my son.
Imagine how desperate one must be to jump a 14 year old :eek: . What the hell can they offer at that age??

BelizeBreeze

AHA said:
Imagine how desperate one must be to jump a 14 year old :eek: . What the hell can they offer at that age??
HEY! I jumped a 14 year-old once.

She busted my lip and her father read me the riot act...but then at 15 my hormones were just getting started :D

AHA

BelizeBreeze said:
HEY! I jumped a 14 year-old once.

She busted my lip and her father read me the riot act...but then at 15 my hormones were just getting started :D
Maybe women has higher "demands", but when I was 18 I sure wasn't looking for an eager, inexperience little kid to have fun with. The 20+ year olds had so much more under their belt ;)

Alextriad

I Like To Send Actual Advice.

It doesnt look like anyone will give you any support here. Hopefully you have not yet been scared out of this forum, since this should be a forum for advice, not scornful words. If someone has something mean to say. Send a private mesage. I doubt you are a "child molester" at the age of 18... you are pretty much still a kid yourself, since many 18 year olds at the end of may are still seniors in highschool as many 14 year olds are freshmen in highschool... hence MAKING EACH OF YOU PEERS (If this is the case). Many parents dont want to see there teenagers have sex, and most teenagers (especially boys) are dying to have sex more at 14 then they are when they are an adult because the sex drive just started to kick into overdrive for the first time in their life. I know... I was there at one point. Unfortunately what you did was still very illegal and I wish you best of luck in your case and hope you dont serve time for this, but I would highly reccomend not seeing this boy until he is 18, if you are even still allowed. What people dont realize is you are sexually driven well by the age of 14. The only issue is that the mind to a large proportion has not matured at that age to realize that sex could be a very bad idea and they can be easily manipulated. (However I see some 15 year olds act like 25 year olds and 25 year olds act like 15 year olds). This can make things tricky morally when teenagers can be more mature than their parents. If people here honestly believe this was most likely a preditory attack on the boy, they are fools... even tho it's a possibility, its not likely. I'm not sure what you have that will work for you in your state... but im not sure what will help exactly in my state either... but I have heard this.

These things will help your case:

The fact that you only had sex with him once.
The fact that you arent a tremendous amount of years older.

and probably the best thing you have going for you is...

The fact that you are a female... In some states it was originally stated that statutory rape could only be induced by a male to stop underage pregnancies. Im not sure if all states changed that. Also, females are viewed less preditory than males in society. I hope this helps...

Last edited:

garrula lingua

Alextriad said:
Check my profile and IM me on AIM if u want to talk.
These things will help your case:

The fact that you only had sex with him once.
The fact that you arent a tremendous amount of years older.

and probably the best thing you have going for you is...

The fact that you are a female... In some states it was originally stated that statutory rape could only be induced by a male to stop underage pregnancies. Im not sure if all states changed that. Also, females are viewed less preditory than males in society. I hope this helps...

HA ! IT ONLY TAKES ONE TIME TO CONSTITUTE STATUTORY RAPE !
Women will get charged; welcome to equal opportunity, child molestors !

CdwJava

God legal advice, Alex! It's okay ... you're a woman and you're not that much older! (Never mind the law, that doesn't matter ....) :rolleyes:

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">