• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

21658(I) 12500(M) 16028(I) Ticket CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtClerk

Nothing of a monumentous event is going to happen. By now, the City Attorney has reviewed the citation information, rejected a filing if this is the first 12500 and she's going to enter a plea.

If she pleads not guilty, she'll be sent into the next room to post bail and schedule a trial date. If she pleads guilty, then she'll go into the next room and pay the fine or make payment arrangements.

Easy peasy.

CurlieCutiePie

Follow Up

UGH! I pleaded no contest. The License charge got dismissed, Unsafe lane change fee was $35 and Insurance ticket got dropped to $100... Grand total with the RIDICULOUS assessment fee's is $662. I immediately asked to do jail time because I am NOT paying that crap, some of the fee's have NOTHING to do with court. They said I can't do jail so I'm doing 83 hours of community service.

Here is the break down of the fee's:

Base fee $135
Penalty Assessment $364 (WTF!)
Criminal Surcharge $27
Night Court Fee $1 (Mind you I went to morning court)
Security fee :confused: Whatever that is: $20 each =$40
Correctable fee (There's a fee for that???): $25
Critical Needs Fund: $35 each =$70 (And that has WHAT to do with court??)
Installment fee:$30

CourtClerk

UGH! I pleaded no contest. The License charge got dismissed, Unsafe lane change fee was $35 and Insurance ticket got dropped to $100... Grand total with the RIDICULOUS assessment fee's is $662. I immediately asked to do jail time because I am NOT paying that crap, some of the fee's have NOTHING to do with court. They said I can't do jail so I'm doing 83 hours of community service.
I'll say it again. You don't do jail time for traffic tickets. We don't want you in jail, we want your money.
Here is the break down of the fee's:

Base fee $135
Penalty Assessment $364 (WTF!)
Thank your legislators. The PA's keep going up.
Criminal Surcharge $27
Night Court Fee $1 (Mind you I went to morning court)
Everyone pays a night court fee in order to make night court available. Again, your legislators decided this.
Security fee :confused: Whatever that is: $20 each =$40
You see those Sheriff's standing around? Those weapons screening devices? Those security assistants at the door telling you to empty your pockets? Well, they aren't free.
Correctable fee (There's a fee for that???): $25
Yes, there is a fee for that. Used to be $10 per ticket, now it's $25 per violation. Thank your legislators.
Critical Needs Fund: $35 each =$70 (And that has WHAT to do with court??)
Have you not heard of the budget crisis? The courts are running at a 90 million dollar deficit in LA County.
Installment fee:$30
Because you didn't pay it today

CurlieCutiePie

Have you not heard of the budget crisis? The courts are running at a 90 million dollar deficit in LA County.

Listen here, there were literally thousands of people in court that day..5 days a week, all paying thousands of dollars in fee's. Someone(s) is pocketing a WHOLE lot of cash. As for "Security fee's", I know I pay an arm, leg and a piece of an a** cheek in taxes as a single, no children having woman. I'm already getting DONE without vaseline, Heaven forbid I want to save up for a rainy day or the ever elusive HOME...Nope, Uncle Sam is always right there with his hand out.I love being penalized for being responsible and not popping out children before I'm ready! Leave it to US, to make up the damn deficit eh? Sounds good. Smh (Yes I'm venting, sorry!)

Jim_bo

That's not Uncle Sam... that's the People's Republic of Kalifornia. Court Clerk represents herself as the consumate bureaucrat when she stated:

We don't want you in jail, we want your money.
This silly little quip shows the blindness of government officials to the concepts of fairness, justice and self-reliance. We have become a nanny state and people like CC want to see that we keep it that way.

patstew

Listen here, there were literally thousands of people in court that day..5 days a week, all paying thousands of dollars in fee's. Someone(s) is pocketing a WHOLE lot of cash. As for "Security fee's", I know I pay an arm, leg and a piece of an a** cheek in taxes as a single, no children having woman...I love being penalized for being responsible and not popping out children before I'm ready! Leave it to US, to make up the damn deficit eh? Sounds good. Smh (Yes I'm venting, sorry!)
No problem, at least you're not being a butthead about it, unlike other OPs of recent memory.

I'll just mention that there are other (maybe even better) places to live where the drain on your pocketbook isn't so severe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">