• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advertisements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

Anyone else getting ad's on the top of the forums/threads? I have an ad blocker and still getting them...even in the middle of some threads. Annoying.

quincy

Anyone else getting ad's on the top of the forums/threads? I have an ad blocker and still getting them...even in the middle of some threads. Annoying.
The ads suddenly are popping up everywhere today. Whatever FreeAdvice did, they really need to undo it.

Just Blue

The ads suddenly are popping up everywhere today. Whatever FreeAdvice did, they really need to undo it.
I agree...And I feel bad for saying this, but I'm kind happy it isn't just me. I would be really bummed out if my new computer were infected.

quincy

Hey, Google Ads! My vehicles do not need parts, service or a Jiffy Lube!! :mad:

This current flurry of ads is FAR worse than the spam posts appearing daily in the Consumer Bankruptcy section of the forum. The spam posts are relatively easy to remove and they don’t slow page-loading.

quincy

Oh. I know ad blockers work. :) I am used to browsing ad-free. That’s what was so surprising.

Today, at least temporarily, ads were everywhere - popping up at the top of the page, the bottom of the page, in between posts. But the ads now seem to have disappeared, as mysteriously as they appeared.

Perhaps there was a glitch in the ad-blocker?:unsure:

Are you still seeing the ads, Blue?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Oh. I know ad blockers work. :) I am used to browsing ad-free. That’s what was so surprising.

Today, at least temporarily, ads were everywhere - popping up at the top of the page, the bottom of the page, in between posts. But the ads now seem to have disappeared, as mysteriously as they appeared.

Perhaps there was a glitch in the ad-blocker?:unsure:

Are you still seeing the ads, Blue?
It could be a new batch of ads that hasn't had a chance to propagate through the ad-blocker database.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">