• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alabama Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnstyne

weenor said:
Because you claim damages of $4,000.00 you exceed the amount allowed in small claims but you can file in the District Court of Coffee County for a nominal filing fee (you'll have to call the clerk on that one). I do not regularly practice in Coffee County since I am in Birmingham (4+ hours away) and it is not cost effective for us to charge our clients to travel that distance. Thus, I am not familar with the District Judge there or how quickly he/she runs the docket. Depending on what area you are in, you may very well be closer to Coffee County than I am. But I do agree that if you can get the PM to do it for you, that would be best.
Weener, thanks for the reply. I am about 6+ hours drive from there. I will be doing my homework and might just have to take a day off to get this done. I don't even think it is worth my time...if I ever do get the judgement on the guy then it is a whole other story to find him and force payment...I hate deadbeats...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">