• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ankle monitor GPS as condition of probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalayman

From wikipedia:
MADD promotes the use of victim impact panels (VIPs), in which judges require DWI offenders to hear victims or relatives of victims of drunk driving crashes relate their experiences. MADD received $5,547,693 in 2010[25] from VIPs; In 2009 MADD took in $41,006,038 and paid salaries of $20,537,936, over half of their income.

I'm going to create a new group called DACD (dudes against cell-phone driving). If caught driving with a cell phone you will have to pay my organization and panelists who have been harmed by cell phone drivers big bucks. If you criticize the organization, then I will blast you, because it is a good organization. If convicted of CWD (cell-phone while driving) - you will have to a special device in your car that records your every actions so the state can be assured you are not talking on the phone while driving. Please donate directly to my organization - it will keep us all safer.
you make a huge mistake. If I am found guilty of OWI, I don't pay MADD anything. Why would I pay you anything if I got a cellphone ticket?

CdwJava

Abortion on demand applies to what you say also.
Hardly the same thing, but, okay ...

However, if you think that is good law and planned parenthood is a good organization, then you are a hypocrite to pretend to care about the lives lost via dui, while not caring about the lives lost thru abortion.
How did this become about a discussion on abortion??? For the record, I abhor the abortion activities of PP and am pro-life. But, that's irrelevant to the discussion here.

In case you don't know, the media often portrays good as bad and bad as good.
So ... DUI is good? :confused:

Please, do tell how DUI is somehow okay.

CdwJava

I'm going to create a new group called DACD (dudes against cell-phone driving).
God bless America! If you can find enough like-minded folks with an axe to grind, you are free to engage in such a lobbying effort!

However, since cellphones as a factor in collisions is virtually non-existent, you might have a tough time building a constituency. But, knock yourself out!

CdwJava

Where do you think MADD is getting their money from? Have you never heard of a VIP?
Okay, so if MADD did not exist, you'd be perfectly okay with arresting impaired drivers? I strongly suspect that would object to any penalties for impaired driving and I am curious why that might be?

witzeroni

Okay, so if MADD did not exist, you'd be perfectly okay with arresting impaired drivers? I strongly suspect that would object to any penalties for impaired driving and I am curious why that might be?
Java - I am always okay with arresting impaired drivers. I just wish entities like MADD didn't become rich off it. I also wish dui laws were applied the same no matter who you were or what your profession was.

CdwJava

Java - I am always okay with arresting impaired drivers. I just wish entities like MADD didn't become rich off it. I also wish dui laws were applied the same no matter who you were or what your profession was.
I don't care about MADD's financial situation - it doesn't concern me in the slightest.

And the laws tend to be applied equally, but if you have money and resources you tend to get a greater defense. It's the nature of the system. I know plenty of people who have committed DUI and not suffered any real penalty because they have the resources.

It is also worth noting that I have seen DUI drivers kill people and suffer only a couple years in prison or no jail time at all. In serious offenses involving DUI the justice system still tends to see it as a tragedy rather than an intentional act with foreseeable consequences. So, in many ways, DUI offenders are given a break that other offenders who might be impaired on drugs or alcohol are NOT granted. If you shoot someone while you are high, you're not going to get a pass because you're high ... but, if you run them over in your car while DUI, the penalties tend to be diminished. THAT's not fair.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I don't care about MADD's financial situation - it doesn't concern me in the slightest.

And the laws tend to be applied equally, but if you have money and resources you tend to get a greater defense. It's the nature of the system. I know plenty of people who have committed DUI and not suffered any real penalty because they have the resources.

It is also worth noting that I have seen DUI drivers kill people and suffer only a couple years in prison or no jail time at all. In serious offenses involving DUI the justice system still tends to see it as a tragedy rather than an intentional act with foreseeable consequences. So, in many ways, DUI offenders are given a break that other offenders who might be impaired on drugs or alcohol are NOT granted. If you shoot someone while you are high, you're not going to get a pass because you're high ... but, if you run them over in your car while DUI, the penalties tend to be diminished. THAT's not fair.
Psst.. you are arguing with a drunk who appears a bit addled brain. You are never going to convince him because the alcohol has caused him damage. I fear you are wasting your time.

CdwJava

Psst.. you are arguing with a drunk who appears a bit addled brain. You are never going to convince him because the alcohol has caused him damage. I fear you are wasting your time.
I'm a friend of Bill W's, and have worked diligently with drug addicts and their families for years - I am eminently patient, and, an optimist. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">