• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arizona bill awaiting signature by the governor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

I will go ahead and explain what I was referring to:

In ancient times kings, queens and their equivalents viewed themselves as either gods or anointed by gods and all warfare they engaged in was in the name of their gods.

The early Christians were persecuted for centuries.

The early protestants were persecuted for centuries. (The Inquisition, etc)

For centuries women were persecuted as witches in the name of religion in both Europe and the Americas.

For thousands of years anyone labeled a heretic from any religion was persecuted.

I view the holocaust and much of WWII as being about religion. The Japanese viewed their emperor as a god and did everything in his name. The holocaust was all about exterminating the Jews. Stalin's purges were all about exterminating Jews and Christians.

All of the strife in the middle east, which has been going on for centuries...Sunni vs ****e, Muslims vs Jews etc.

I still don't understand how having that viewpoint is even remotely about "hate"? If so, I would literally have to hate pretty much the whole world.

CdwJava

Of course, the underlying motives in all those instances tended be politics and power and not religious dogma.

LdiJ

Of course, the underlying motives in all those instances tended be politics and power and not religious dogma.
Perhaps for the top leaders...but many true believers under them became zealots for their causes.

I'mTheFather

This thread is unfortunate IMO.

Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh answer stirs up anger.

Not taking sides, not singling out; just something that I try to keep in mind...

Just Blue

You miss the point. It was made long ago but you don't seem to want to believe it. Just because a person believe in religion does not mean they are good. Just as just because a person does not believe in a religion makes them bad. It is you who wants to focus on a number. I merely want to know your guideline for determining such things. You seem to have a belief system that says religion is bad. I'm trying to find out where such a silly notion came up. If it is because religion (or specific ones) say sin is bad and you happen to think something they think is sin is an incorrect determination, I gain understanding. If it was because your mommy locked you in a closet until you memorized a Bible verse, I gain a different understanding. In either case, I learn how to communicate with you better.
Tranq...With all do respect..Quincy does not have to relate his reasoning for his opinions. He is, as you are, a respected member of this site. IMLPOV:)

CdwJava

Perhaps for the top leaders...but many true believers under them became zealots for their causes.
The masses are often misled for a variety of reasons. Even in this country we can be led down the primrose path by a charismatic leader without asking ourselves about the details or the consequences.

LdiJ

The masses are often misled for a variety of reasons. Even in this country we can be led down the primrose path by a charismatic leader without asking ourselves about the details or the consequences.
I absolutely agree with this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">