• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested for stealing electric? Really??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davew128

why did the judge throw it out? Was it that it was not actually a crime or the judge was of the mind of that he felt the crime was de minimus and as such, simply chose to not continue the prosecution?
It's not up to judges to prosecute. Its up to the state. ;)

BL

Maybe my post did not post , there are crimes that even though criminal that are dismissed : In the interest for justice ". Doesn't mean a crime was not committed .

Apples n oranges of public park -V- school grounds.

Why not stick to the issues at hand concerning and surrounding this matter.

You are way off base and spacey , and still after ALL the postings ,haven't cited Law to back up your assertions .

By now .

justalayman

SmokeyParkCop;3229393]So you saying that a case in which a judge found that it was NOT illegal to use a public outlet
unless you have something else stating so, that is NOT what the judge said.

I swear i feel like i'm the only sane person responding to this thread.....OR, you guys are just arguing to be argumentative.
I always wondered if the folks locked up in the looney bin behind the glass ever realized they were there all alone; apparently that question has been answered.

justalayman

It's not up to judges to prosecute. Its up to the state. ;)
but it is within the judges discretion to toss the charges one the DA files them and that is what it would appear happened here.

and smokey keeps blabbering about the cops being charged with false arrest. Has anybody, including smokey, actually read anything to support that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">