• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can adult disown parent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlane58

As for starting a new thread? I get responce from this one,so no reason to.

Dont need details as why i want to know..The QUESTION IS...

Can you disown your parents as an adult? If yes ... How do you disown your parents?What Steps?

If you dont know the answer.. then dont reply..thx
If you don't want to follow the rule, then you won't get any answers

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Can you disown your parents as an adult? If yes ... How do you disown your parents?What Steps?

I know the answer. And quite frankly I don't feel sharing. You also don't get to dictate who responds or not. AND you are not following proper forum ettiquette. If you wanted answers you would have started your own thread and not necroposted.
Now, maybe some one else will decide to reply to a rude newbie, but I wouldn't hold my breath hoping.
Have a good day.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I didnt see an answer,just personal feelings "comments"

Thx
Yes, I know it's a necroposter, but....

A good first step to disowning your parents is..... move out of their house.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I am a 37 y.o. female with a 6 y.o son. I am divorced and am living with my parents to save money at their invitation. My mom has decided after 43 years of marriage to divorce my dad. This was a surprise to all involved. My dad had to move out and my mom verbally abuses me and my son. It has gotten so bad that my dad has told his attorney. My mom is lying to family and neighbors about the situation, my dad, myself, and my brother. She calls me a whore in front of my son. I know the obvious solution is to move out but I am a single mother working part-time to try to raise my son, volunteer at his school, be a licensed substitute teacher, and caregiver to my elderly father and older brother who has an inoperable brain tumor and also lives in the home. My dad had put in the preliminary divorce papers that my mom cannot make my brother and I move out because that was her first intention besides the fact that neither of us has anywhere to go on the spur of the moment and we take care of the house/yard, etc. Can I "disown" my mother as an adult? She threatens to (and has done so) tell lies to my ex and says she will see he gets custody. This is her way of the ultimate hurt to me-she doesn't think of the consequences to her only grandchild. THANKS!
Did a judge order your dad to move out? Or did he leave voluntarily? Because your father did NOT have to leave if a judge did not order him to do so, and he could move right back in. I don't necessarily recommend that he do so, but it might cause your mother to decide that its best if she is the one who moves out.

mlane58

Did a judge order your dad to move out? Or did he leave voluntarily? Because your father did NOT have to leave if a judge did not order him to do so, and he could move right back in. I don't necessarily recommend that he do so, but it might cause your mother to decide that its best if she is the one who moves out.
You are responding the orginal OP, which posted over 3 years ago.

BL

Sure , move ..

Ahva

Need better informed perhaps,or willing

I dont live with them.
I wanted/want to actually do a physical action as a type of therapy.I am haunted.
I already of cource have No interaction with them.
I dont live with them.Escaped as fast as I was able.
I dont want opinions.
I am looking for facts.
So I need to ask better informed perhaps.Or willing to answer ...
Thnx for responding,even tho 3yr old post.
I actually dont know how to start a new post.

I do have one opinon,if you cant go thru a court and
disown,it should be.Too many people have no way to ...i dont know how to explain it
and if you havent been abused?You wouldnt prolly understand.
So again, thnx for reading,have a great week.

Last edited:

Ahva

I know the answer. And quite frankly I don't feel sharing. You also don't get to dictate who responds or not. AND you are not following proper forum ettiquette. If you wanted answers you would have started your own thread and not necroposted.
Now, maybe some one else will decide to reply to a rude newbie, but I wouldn't hold my breath hoping.
Have a good day.
Your a rude woman.. and i dont want your comment

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Don't expect to get any useful response. Board etiquette asks that you not hijack other posters' threads, but start your own for your question. If you refuse to do so, no one will help you. YOU are the one being rude - to the original poster.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Please at least insult me with proper grammar. It should state:
You're a rude woman and I don't want your comment.

Then I would repeat:
You do NOT get to dictate who responds. if you do not want my comment, don't post. Because if I want to comment I will.
As for better informed people, you attached yourself to a three year old post where the OP lives with her parents. So therefore apparently your situation is similar. Either that or your hijack was REALLY useless as you provided not details.

Oh yeah, you didn't want my comments. Oh well. You didn't pay the fee. Sorry. I believe it is at least $6.50 to lock me out of a thread. Since I didn't receive my cut, you don't get a say so. Have a good day.

AHA

Doesn't look like you're getting any responses, does it?
Why are you so angry at everyone here? I'm sorry if you were abused, but you should direct your anger against that person instead of strangers who you are asking for help from.
Since you know how to post here at all, you can figure out how to start your own thread.
Good luck

happybug

I dont live with them.
I wanted/want to actually do a physical action as a type of therapy.I am haunted.
I already of cource have No interaction with them.
I dont live with them.Escaped as fast as I was able.
I dont want opinions.
I am looking for facts.
So I need to ask better informed perhaps.Or willing to answer ...
Thnx for responding,even tho 3yr old post.
I actually dont know how to start a new post.

I do have one opinon,if you cant go thru a court and
disown,it should be.Too many people have no way to ...i dont know how to explain it
and if you havent been abused?You wouldnt prolly understand.
So again, thnx for reading,have a great week.
There may be other ways to do it but I can only think of 1 offhand. Do you have any people in your life who are parental type figures? If you do, an adult adoption could be possible.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
This is ridiculous. I cannot believe there is a question on the table concerning how an adult "disowns" his parent(s).

An adult adoption? And that would affect a legally mandated relationship between an adult and the adult's biological parents how, exactly?

Hint: that's a trick question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">