• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can we talk about inconvient forum

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin.

for all the newbs. Mom took off with kid. dad files for return of child in florida day later. Mom files for mediation 1 week later. Dad was primary caregiver for 2/3 of the childs 3 years of age.
when the Uccjea is cited courts are obligated to look at specific factors for jurisdiction listed here:

(a) Whether domestic violence has occurred and is likely to continue in the future and which
state could best protect the parties and the child.
(b) The length of time that the child has resided outside this state.
(c) The distance between the court in this state and the court in the state that would assume jurisdiction.
(d) The relative financial circumstances of the parties.
(e) Any agreement of the parties as to which state should assume jurisdiction.
(f) The nature and location of the evidence required to resolve the pending litigation, including
testimony of the child.
(g) The ability of the court of each state to decide the issue expeditiously and the procedures
necessary to present the evidence.
(h) The familiarity of the court of each state with the facts and issues in the pending litigation.

A. whether it has occured? so like preponderance of evidence or actuall incidents and reports?
B. our child lived in wisconsin for 13 months and florida for 20. Equal family in both states.
C. 1372 miles. distance between courts, and neither part lives in county now hearing jurisdiction nor has for 3 years
D. Mom doesnt pay rent water or heat. Shares food with parents. Had a car bought for her. and has two lawyers. 1 in each state. Dad pays for his own way. no lawyers on board.
E. not relevant
F.Nature and location of evidence: STUMPED! Is this past present or future evidence. what took place in wisconsin in childs first year must be irrelevant by now. 20 months in florida leading up to Moms ill advised move seems relevant. last 6 months seems relevant too, allthough dad hasnt been able to be a part of the childs life. Mom has prevented this and/or made it impossible.
G. no idea who is quicker in the courts. How does one gauge that?
H.The familiaraity with the litigation.... Id say each court is totally aware of all litigation and facts as well as allegations.

So in the forums experience, what is a driving point on these incovient forum standards? is it a fair statement to say. "The creditability of the parties would come into play when deciding whether or not domestic violence occured, without any reports or police contact, witness's, documented incidents of any sort, in any state anywhere"

Does the Sunset act still exsist?

So please forum since we have never actually touched on this, what is your take, other then "Oh spinny you just spinnin your wheels"
How do you see the courts seeing this comparison in inconvient forum standards?

could in fact be helpful for others. (weary we give anybody an idea though)

also this..

§ 822.22 Exclusive, continuing jurisdiction
(1) Except as provided in Section 822.24, a court of this state that has made a child custody determination
consistent with Section 822.21 or 822.23 has exclusive, continuing jurisdiction over the
determination until any of the following occurs:
(a) A court of this state determines that neither the child, nor the child and one parent, nor the
child and a person acting as a parent have a significant connection with this state and that substantial
evidence is no longer available in this state concerning the child's care, protection, training, and personal
relationships.
(b) A court of this state or a court of another state determines that the child, the child's parents,
and all persons acting as parents do not presently reside in this state.
(2) A court of this state that has made a child custody determination and that does not have exclusive,
continuing jurisdiction under this section may modify that determination only if it has jurisdiction
to make an initial determination under Section 822.21.

how does the forum see this: Mom did in fact only live in wisconsin for one week when she filed for mediation and had not lived there for almost 2 years.
Does time "Freeze " so to speak during custody proceedings?

Isis1

I'm pretty sure there is a few keyboards with worn out letter from telling you to, get an attorney!!!!!!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin.

for all the newbs.
If you feel compelled to respond, please read spinny's posting history FIRST. You will see that he has gotten himself into this bind all on his own, refusing to listen to any input provided to him here. The best advice he can be given has been given repeatedly - HE NEEDS A LAWYER. Consider helping someone who will listen.

LdiJ

Spinner...give up on the whole jurisdiction issue. You have submitted to Wisconsin's jurisdiction therefore you have no more argument to make on that issue.

However...I will give a general explanation of inconvient forum. That is used when the child is located somewhere that does not have jurisdiction, and its demonstrated that the best interests of the child are better served for jurisdiction to be changed to the state/area where the child lives.

Therefore, an inconvenient forum argument would never help you, because your child has not lived in FL for quite a while now.

Ok ok

so the courts in both states are just indulging me because I cited the UCCJEA?
Therefore they have to go thru all the appropriate steps?
and they are just reviewing all the information and giving me opportunities to dismiss judges because they are just indulging me and my frivilous suit?

So could they in fact say enough is enough you submitted to Wisconsin jurisdiction and be done with it in a quickly scheduled hearing for the sake of the best interest of the child?

That my friends is the question
and if that is the case why not?:D

have you seen where a litigant submitts and what the court does?
a link to a specific case please?

Totally forgot???

Remember in late January when they ordered the parties to produce briefs in support of jurisdiction.....????:D
I do, I think if submission to juris was at question they wouldnt have done that....But you tell me?;)

I also dont think wisconsin would have rescinded juris 3 days after giving it to themselves, but you tell me?

Last edited:

Isis1

Remember in late January when they ordered the parties to produce briefs in support of jurisdiction.....????:D
I do, I think if submission to juris was at question they wouldnt have done that....But you tell me?;)

I also dont think wisconsin would have rescinded juris 3 days after giving it to themselves, but you tell me?
You need a lawyer.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You need a lawyer.
And in case he didn't get it: You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.

dmcc10880

I have read some of ss's posts and do not have the inclination to read the entire posting hx as it appears ss is spinning in circles and wasting time. The issues are brought up over and over and over with no resolution.

The benefits of a lawyer in a case like this would be invaluable as pro se is definitely not working and frankly, I don't think ss has the where with all to effectively navigate between two courts on two ends of the country. Being a nuisance and little knowledge is a dangerous thing in any court.

what that means in freeadvice terms is.....

And in case he didn't get it: You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.You need a lawyer.
WHAT THAT MEANS IN FREEADVICE.COM terms is: "Signspinner your defeating the purpose of our solictation website."
I mean really ive seen what her lawyers are doing... bringing up a past from before i even knew her, while i bring up custody specific perjurus statements and knowing false staements on affidavits current and relating specifically to the events at hand. so ill ride it out on my own.

I am from Wisconsin we are educated a lil more stringent then the rest of the USA there. Other then the EX she has cited "Baby Mama Drama"

HANG ON!!!! ARE YOU SAYING iLL WIN WITH A LAWYER? OR IS GETTING A LAWYER LIKE BUYING A SCRATCH OFF LOTTERY TICKET.?

Last edited:

mistoffolees

WHAT THAT MEANS IN FREEADVICE.COM terms is: "Signspinner your defeating the purpose of our solictation website."
Not at all. Only a couple of the people who post here are attorneys and they don't solicit business. In fact, I don't know if any of the attorneys are even licensed in the states you are interested in.

What it really means is "we are here to help people but are tired of wasting our time on people who are too stupid or too stubborn to take the advice that we've been giving for months now".

the only advice ive gotten is...

thats all ive ever heard is "get a lawyer" yet i see the same posters giving advice to moms to move away.
how to file for support.
how to file for visitation.
and even some dads get some good advice. Ive stated from the begining a lawyer is not feesible for me and you all have stated that many will not accept a case from a pro se litigant who has butchered proceedings.

so we know im in a tough spot.....

im not so much looking for legal advice as I am looking for insight into this. An outside opinion. on submission and the pouring over of the files and Indulging of my frivilous butchered pleadings.....

it just doesnt add up what some posters say with regards to this!
and most recently i asked for a case law link to submitting to jurisdiction....

I think..... i dont know.....that it would have been over back in november if i submitted and thats why they rescinded their order and started to speak with florida Judge, cause i utilized the UCCJEA specifically for an emergency situation, and it does allow for that without submisssion....I think all ya gotta do is write "temporary" and "emergency" and you fall within those guidelines for seeking temp and emergency resolution without submission under the UCCJEA....
What do I know tho!
I need to get that scratch off lotto ticket called a lawyer... Once again I see what her lawyers are doing and filing.....WEAK WEAK WEAK. waste of money.
Bringing up a non violent non relevant past from before i met Mom.

And mind you everybody knew this when i was awarded 50/50 placement and custody!
Try and take my rights away and i will fight and take the courts time, her lawyers time, her time, and everybodys time in the process. This is the only battle Ive ever needed to win or get a draw,,,, in life.....i dont see it as win lose. I see it as win win!!!! I tell mom that too when I write her emails. at least Ill have my rights protected from here on out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">