• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child being taken out of town without consent...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelizeBreeze

oh my goodness, did that wheeler just call you STUPID? wow, so much for people helping people. I would never talk to anyone that needed help like that. It's so so sad.
Ignorance is the lack of information resulting in a wrong assumption.

Stupid is having all the facts and STILL making a wrong assumption.

Stupid fits.

Zephyr

hey Zephyr...i was replying to this, so therefore it wasn't irrelevant to me!

Originally Posted by moburkes
Why is cdm looking for info for YOU, if you are looking for info for the MOTHER???

Anyway, unless you are able to PROVE that supposed father drinks and drives with child in the vehicle, it will not be taken into consideration. The reason is this: he didn't start drinking and driving AFTER they split, so apparently it wasn't a problem. It also wasn't the reason why mom left dad. She left because he cheated, not because he drank and drive with chidl in the car.
and that has nothing to do with whether he can take the child out of town or around his own friends

NHE

I wasn't trying to tick anyone off. I was just trying to answer the question thinking it may help them to give me some better advice for my sister.

BelizeBreeze

I wasn't trying to tick anyone off. I was just trying to answer the question thinking it may help them to give me some better advice for my sister.
Then start your own thread. You have hijacked this thread and kept it going for no reason.

nextwife

Why is it the conversation between cdm and nhe brings to mind those conversations between Gollum and Smeagol?

cdm

Nevermind NHE.....your sister did it herself....BB was probably one of the best people she could have gotten advice from- go hire a lawyer
Listen, thanks for the advice that I pulled out of your ignorant a**'. Stop reading the thread if you don't like it to keep going because I'll keep it going and respond to every one of your words.

It's 2pm Monday on a beautiful day in Florida... and I love having one of those jobs where I get to waste an hour or two with people like you. Humbling.

Maybe you didn't pass the bar? I hope you at least get paid for this.

NHE

I have never been in a forum before, I was just trying to get some help. okay thank you :)

Zephyr

I have never been in a forum before, I was just trying to get some help. okay thank you :)
no I am beginning to see the issue here- you just don't know, your sister on the other hand doesn't want to know....:rolleyes:

she's in for some surprises in court though

MrsK

okay the question here is not whether or not he is the Father, he is infact the Father. He has been in his life for 4 years. CDM is simply trying to ask for advice on what this woman can do to help protect her son from strange adults & how far the Father is allowed to take the son without the Mother knowing behind her back. She should have a right as his Mother to say who her son is exposed to and get it in writing that he needs to have her full permission before doing so. He would want to know if she was doing the same, I am sure. He will be paying child support and yes, it is to support his son. Which long term will be helping her as well. Which is good, they are used to two incomes.
IF he is found to be the father, and then IF custody and visitation are decided, the answer is: there is pretty much NOTHING mom can do to keep dad from bringing whomever he wants around the kid. She will not have ANY right to say who he can and can not bring the child around unless the person is so unfit that they would be a danger to the child, and she will probably have very little chance of doing.

Sounds to me like mom is unhappy dad cheated, understandably. But just because she is angry and possibly very bitter doesnt mean dad cant have kid around new girlfriend.

There is no way the court will order dad to get permission in writing to have new girlfriend around :rolleyes:

The courts can order "FROR", meaning dad cant leave the child with anyone before offering child back to mother. The catch? The SAME thing goes for Mom.

cdm

no I am beginning to see the issue here- you just don't know, your sister on the other hand doesn't want to know....:rolleyes:

she's in for some surprises in court though
Doesn't want to know what? We are here to get some info for her to add a helping hand, that is all. Thats what friends and family are for. Its not my place to go to a lawyer, just looking for some "friendly" advice. Thanks.

NHE

Okay, my sister does want to know, I was doing some research to help her out. CDM is a good friend of mine. My Sister will be fine & yes she will have some surprises in Court but it will all work out, Thank You so much for your advice. It's so comforting to have these forums. They are soo informative :D

Zephyr

Doesn't want to know what? We are here to get some info for her to add a helping hand, that is all. Thats what friends and family are for. Its not my place to go to a lawyer, just looking for some "friendly" advice. Thanks.
well you could have gone about your "helpful" journey in a little more friendly manner- lesson learned I guess

cdm

How does he know the mother wont do this? Or worse?
She doesnt have a history of drinking. He does. Both parents should get fair treatment, obviously. That isn't the issue and I wasn't seeking advice for her to take his rights away or hurt him. I simply wanted to know any routes she could take to protect her son from being subjected to a new girlfriend and family while she, her son and his father are still sharing their home. But there aren't any, got it.

I'll be sure to let her know, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">