• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child being taken out of town without consent...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHE

MrsK thank you for your concern but my Sister does not drink & never has. She is a wonderful Mother and would never do "worst". She has sacrificed her life for her son & continues to put the child first. That is why we were all so concerned with him being with his Dad because he does drink alot & has a DUI. Once again, thank you for your concern.

cdm

well you could have gone about your "helpful" journey in a little more friendly manner- lesson learned I guess
Did you not read the whole thread? There have been very rude responses by most. The original first response was deleted and since I am new to forums I didnt "quote" when I replied. That lesson is learned, yes.

Zephyr

MrsK thank you for your concern but my Sister does not drink & never has. She is a wonderful Mother and would never do "worst". She has sacrificed her life for her son & continues to put the child first. That is why we were all so concerned with him being with his Dad because he does drink alot & has a DUI. Once again, thank you for your concern.
see- this is exactly why the person in the position should be here posting...no one said anything about a dui before- just that he had had empty containers in the vehicle....which is a lot different, you two didn't know that he is already the legal father....send the mom here

cdm

see- this is exactly why the person in the position should be here posting...no one said anything about a dui before- just that he had had empty containers in the vehicle....which is a lot different, you two didn't know that he is already the legal father....send the mom here
He's on the birth certificate. It's been answered. And the fact about DUI's wasn't the original question. She wanted to know if there was a way to protect her son from being taken out of town at this time. She wants to comply to that as well. It's not one sided here, she is seeking fair advice too. Probably more professionally since it's her place. We were simply trying to seek advice and support as well. So that we can better understand the legal side of things too. Some of the members here chose to offer their opinions aside from the original post. Which in turn, the thread strayed. The question's been answered.

YOU move on, go try to spread more cheer to someone elses sensitive case.

NHE

I CANT SEE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! :p
get a life and go work on some cars or something. quit being so annoying.

Zephyr

cdm;1486537[B said:
]He's on the birth certificate. It's been answered.[/B] And the fact about DUI's wasn't the original question. She wanted to know if there was a way to protect her son from being taken out of town at this time. She wants to comply to that as well. It's not one sided here, she is seeking fair advice too. Probably more professionally since it's her place. We were simply trying to seek advice and support as well. So that we can better understand the legal side of things too. Some of the members here chose to offer their opinions aside from the original post. Which in turn, the thread strayed. The question's been answered.

YOU move on, go try to spread more cheer to someone elses sensitive case.
and on what page was it asked and on what page was it answered??? if you guys can't answer simple necessary questions then send mom here.....

cdm

and on what page was it asked and on what page was it answered??? if you guys can't answer simple necessary questions then send mom here.....
PAGE 1!!!!! Who is asking simple questions? Most of the questions are amidst off topic opinions.

maryjo

... if you can dig thru the b.s. and get some real advice, (thank you maryjo)...

I just want to make sure you understand that I am not giving advice or suggestions or knowing anything legal by any means. I am just telling you what I know from my own experience. And I just went through this about a month ago. I dont profess to know anything more than my own experience which is why I prefaced what I posted with "this is how it is in MY state....in my own experience...." ect.

Just want to make sure you understand that.

By the way, everything that has been posted in response to your question is valid and from what I can tell the legal answers. Dont be so quick to dismiss everyone just because you dont like the answers.

Zephyr

Ok, well yes he is the paternal father. Has a court determined that? Not yet. But thank you for that... I suppose that would be her next route. Was that so hard?

I really hope that offering any type of advice is not your profession.
I asked on page 1, and then again on page 2, there was alot of assumption that has was not the legal father- then on page three you say he's the paternal father- which is ridiculous....and it wasn't until later that it cam out that he was indeed on the birth cert......

nextwife

I asked on page 1, and then again on page 2, there was alot of assumption that has was not the legal father- then on page three you say he's the paternal father- which is ridiculous....and it wasn't until later that it cam out that he was indeed on the birth cert......
...which in many states does NOT "legally" establish paternity. Did he sign the Acknowledgement of Paternity? Also, being on the BC is not the same as being adjudicated the LEGAL father. I can have the hospital name Donald Trump as dad on my kids BC- that doesn't mean Donald Trump has been legally ESTABLISHED as dad

cdm

I just want to make sure you understand that I am not giving advice or suggestions or knowing anything legal by any means. I am just telling you what I know from my own experience. And I just went through this about a month ago. I dont profess to know anything more than my own experience which is why I prefaced what I posted with "this is how it is in MY state....in my own experience...." ect.

Just want to make sure you understand that.

By the way, everything that has been posted in response to your question is valid and from what I can tell the legal answers. Dont be so quick to dismiss everyone just because you dont like the answers.
I guess its the way the same few are responding... and I kept it up after seeing it's the same few on a lot of threads. They are needlessly rude. This is just a forum for people like you and I or anyone else to offer advice on their own experience or occasional professional advice. The original reply that was deleted really set it off and I cant remember who posted it bc it was deleted quickly and I didnt quote it. Lesson learned.

cdm

...which in many states does NOT "legally" establish paternity. Did he sign the Acknowledgement of Paternity? Also, being on the BC is not the same as being adjudicated the LEGAL father. I can have the hospital name Donald Trump as dad on my kids BC- that doesn't mean Donald Trump has been legally ESTABLISHED as dad
Within the last hour I found out that being on the bc is sufficient enough to be the legal father.

NHE

nextwife:
when she went to file for CS they told her a paternity test was not needed, she thought it was and of course would of complied with anything they needed to do. they said the BC was enough, she has to go by what they told her. that's so simple to understand. no arguement needed there. she has it all in writing what they need. no paternity test was asked for. she was going by what they said..and that is all she needs to do. your advice is not needed, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">