• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support After a Doctor Screws Up With Surgical Castration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
OP needs to realize that all actions have consequences.

OP can choose to be castrated, although his reasons sound silly to us. Personally, I'd think a vasectomy would be preferable; all this worrying about procreating after a castration seems to indicate that the goal is birth control more than anything else. A less extreme, reversible procedure is preferable for birth control purposes. Additionally, although OP seems to think that his life would be better as a eunuch, he really won't know what the psychological consequences of going through with this will be until he gets to the point of no return. OP should not expect insurance to automatically cover post-op HRT and furthermore, HRT itself carries risks that OP probably has not considered. FYI: give yourself a few years and your libido will NATURALLY reduce all on it's own... for free.

(1) As previously observed, no, the doctor is not going to be on the hook for child support payments, should you get your hypothetical partner pregnant. No one is going to view a castration as "failed" if the dangly bits are gone, but somehow a swimmer miraculously is produced, escapes, and embeds in an egg.

(2) There are a lot of people who have become biological parents without "joy" being part of the process. That does not remove or relieve them of parental responsibility. Why should you be any different? Unless someone wishes to adopt the hypothetical child, you are not going to be able to dodge out and relinquish your parental rights and responsibilities. My advice would be to not have sex with any human with functioning female reproductive parts. I suspect any human with functioning reproductive parts would be appalled at the idea of being impregnated by you too, based on your posts. It would be very depressing to be in a relationship with a person like you. Have you been evaluated for Aspergers syndrome or something similar? You do not seem capable of understanding human attachment very well.

AdoptADog

Consent

I would suspect part of the informed consent to the castration would be the possibilty of a pregancy post-op. HRT for low testosterone would be a treatment for low testosterone, just because the surgery caused it...well, I don't think the insurance can say no, but that is a different question.

Futurist

Oh, heck, I'll answer this one.

then would I be able to sue my doctor for 18+ years of child support payments and/or for massive financial compensation for the extremely massive emotional distress that a surgical castration failure would cause for me?

Not only no, but hell no. You would not be able to sue your doctor for a darned thing.
What about a wrongful conception case, though? After all, isn't a surgical castration supposed to be permanently effective after two successful semen analyses are done? Completely serious question, for the record.

Futurist

OP needs to realize that all actions have consequences.
Yes, I am certainly well-aware of this.

OP can choose to be castrated, although his reasons sound silly to us. Personally, I'd think a vasectomy would be preferable;
Do you know that vasectomies can and sometimes do fail and that the law of truly large numbers makes at least one vasectomy failure virtually inevitable out of a large enough sample size?

all this worrying about procreating after a castration seems to indicate that the goal is birth control more than anything else. A less extreme, reversible procedure is preferable for birth control purposes.
A vasectomy would probably be even less effective than surgical castration is, though. :( Plus, I plan to freeze my sperm beforehand as a back-up option just in case adoption does not work out for whatever reason(s).

Additionally, although OP seems to think that his life would be better as a eunuch, he really won't know what the psychological consequences of going through with this will be until he gets to the point of no return.
Actually, I can try taking anti-androgens before I will get surgically castrated.

OP should not expect insurance to automatically cover post-op HRT
So how about searching for an insurance company that will cover my post-op HRT?

and furthermore, HRT itself carries risks that OP probably has not considered.
Actually, I am already well-aware of this. However, unfortunately we have extremely strict child support laws here in the United States of America. :( Indeed, if we would have had more flexible child support laws, then I would be more flexible in regards to this. However, unfortunately that is simply a pipe dream. :(

FYI: give yourself a few years and your libido will NATURALLY reduce all on it's own... for free.
I'm less focused on libido reduction and more focused on sterilization, though. :)

(1) As previously observed, no, the doctor is not going to be on the hook for child support payments, should you get your hypothetical partner pregnant. No one is going to view a castration as "failed" if the dangly bits are gone, but somehow a swimmer miraculously is produced, escapes, and embeds in an egg.
What about after two successful semen analyses are done, though?

(2) There are a lot of people who have become biological parents without "joy" being part of the process. That does not remove or relieve them of parental responsibility. Why should you be any different? Unless someone wishes to adopt the hypothetical child, you are not going to be able to dodge out and relinquish your parental rights and responsibilities.
Did you ever hear about wrongful conception lawsuits, though?

My advice would be to not have sex with any human with functioning female reproductive parts.
Gee--that sounds like the male-bodied version of the advice that pro-lifers give to female-bodied people! :( Thus, no thanks! :( Indeed, I myself would far prefer to get surgically castrated. :) Seriously. :)

I suspect any human with functioning reproductive parts would be appalled at the idea of being impregnated by you too, based on your posts.
And why exactly do you say that? Indeed, are you trying to slut-shame me here?

It would be very depressing to be in a relationship with a person like you.
Again, why exactly do you say that?

Have you been evaluated for Aspergers syndrome or something similar? You do not seem capable of understanding human attachment very well.
On the contrary, I myself am capable of understanding human attachment quite well. :)

Last edited:

Futurist

I would suspect part of the informed consent to the castration would be the possibilty of a pregancy post-op. HRT for low testosterone would be a treatment for low testosterone, just because the surgery caused it...well, I don't think the insurance can say no, but that is a different question.
What about after two successful semen analyses are done, though? No? If so, then what about after five successful semen analyses are done?

Futurist

Oh, this OP has a real problem all right. It's not the one he thinks he has, though.
Do you know of any other ways for a male-bodied person's body to permanently stop all sperm production, though? If so, then please speak up! :)

Futurist

Indeed, out of curiosity--do all of you likewise consider it to be irrational for a cis-woman to want to get rid of her ovaries and/or her uterus in the hypothetical event of a global abortion ban with no exceptions anywhere worldwide and with no safe way to get a "back-alley" abortion anywhere worldwide? After all, this appears to be a good equivalent of surgical castration for cis-women.

Also, Yes, I am aware that this scenario is extremely unlikely; however, there are no more realistic scenarios which work for this. In addition to this, though, please don't make me invoke the appeal to ridicule fallacy here.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Futurist - the long and the short of it is that there is never a 100% guarantee to any procedure. NONE. You will have to sign a consent form to that regard prior to any surgery, holding the surgeon harmless wrt potential sperm production/pregnancy. Additionally, you will very likely be required to undergo extensive counseling prior to being accepted for such surgery, and it is possible you will not be found to be a candidate for same.

There is really only one 100% guaranteed method of avoiding the possibility of conception wrt sex between male-bodied/female-bodied people, and yes, that is complete abstinence. That is the simple reality of how biology works. Any time you insert Peg A into Slot B, there is a "risk" of conception. And with that risk comes responsibility. Including financially supporting the possible resulting child. And yes, I have told both of my children this.

You may also find that few doctors will be willing to perform the procedure you request for the reasons you state, and few insurance companies will pay for it. Additionally, you may find that insurance companies will be loathe to pay for HRT when the cause for the "problem" is due to your choice of birth control method. IF you had this procedure performed due to a strong familial history of testicular cancer, it might be a different story.

One thing I do not understand about your situation, though.... You wrote of storing sperm in case adoption doesn't work, so it is clear that you are not averse to having a child. Well..... in all honesty.... being any gender, be it gendered at birth or trans* or gender ***** is not a free pass for any of us to have indiscriminate sex w/o consideration of the possible consequences, be those conception or disease. It is expected that we take responsibility for our actions. Choose your partners very carefully.

I could understand your desire for this surgery if it were a matter of body modification to embrace your gender. But as birth control? Makes no sense. And actually, a doctor would be averse to removing a young woman's reproductive organs purely for bc absent serious and extensive counseling.

I really think you're barking up the wrong tree. And, for the record, I think I am one of the posters most sympathetic to your situation/identity. If not the most. Others know why.

Just Blue

This is actually a very offensive thing to say to an LGBTQ person.
I meant no offence. This OP says he is considering castration but his wife will have unprotected sex with others. It is very strange.

And you should understand Stealth I have nothing against anyone of any race, religion or sexuality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">