• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Support & Medicaid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

We call this a "red herring". Giving bad or inapplicable advice is worse than giving no advice at all.

That might be a stretch. Red herring is diverting from significance in a literary or rhetorical sense.

Giving bad advice is just that, bad advice.

Just Blue

That might be a stretch. Red herring is diverting from significance in a literary or rhetorical sense.

Giving bad advice is just that, bad advice.
Bad "advice" on this forum can cause a member to go off on a "red herring" "adventure".

We will not allow that. Bad "advice" will reflect of this site.

Anglepie will be banned from this site if she doesn't take care in her posting to other members.

Bad "advice" on this forum can cause a member to go off on a "red herring" "adventure".

We will not allow that. Bad "advice" will reflect of this site.

Anglepie will be banned from this site if she doesn't take care in her posting to other members.
Hm, well, I can't see how telling the OP to check the laws in her state is such bad advice, but if you say so, that's fine. :) I simply offered the example of my state's laws because the "medicaid always results in paternity case" advice is rampant here (and it simply does not always work that way). I've had years of experience working with the welfare system and I'm quite familiar with their policies and procedures, which, while vary somewhat from state to state, aren't necessarily that different. The OP's best bet is to call her caseworker and ask him or her about the department's policies surrounding involuntary paternity actions (and also to clarify how dad's income is counted, if it is at all) and a referral to the law backing their policies.

CourtClerk

I'm surprised that no one has thus far mentioned that it is possible for the state to seek a medical support order ONLY... then have the medicaid application come unders scrutiny...
I have three children, all born while I was on medcaid
And I would like to thank THIS poster for making 3 children she obviously couldn't afford and saddling the taxpayers of WA State with the bill. :confused:

I mean really... if you are UNABLE to pay for your children IN ITS ENTIRETY, then stop breeding. Here's a newsflash for you. WE CAN'T AFFORD IT ANYMORE. (not that you care, because you aren't paying for it.)

gr8rn

Hm, well, I can't see how telling the OP to check the laws in her state is such bad advice, but if you say so, that's fine. :) I simply offered the example of my state's laws because the "medicaid always results in paternity case" advice is rampant here (and it simply does not always work that way). I've had years of experience working with the welfare system and I'm quite familiar with their policies and procedures, which, while vary somewhat from state to state, aren't necessarily that different. The OP's best bet is to call her caseworker and ask him or her about the department's policies surrounding involuntary paternity actions (and also to clarify how dad's income is counted, if it is at all) and a referral to the law backing their policies.
Except for the fact that she said this:

I am currently on Medicaid. I havent had my baby yet, but im due in less than a week. When I first became pregnant, I was living with my boyfriend and we were together and nothing has changed since then. However, I did not include him on the Medicaid application due to the fact that our income combined would not qualify me to recieve Medicaid
which means she knowingly committed welfare fraud. And so did you apparently since you worked in the welfare system and assisted your freind in receiving benefits she was not qualified to receive. Please enlighten me as to exactly what you job was, because I also happen to work in the field. Managed medicaid. We also go after fraud and abuse. If someone here can help me find this persons IP address, I have a job to do.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

which means she knowingly committed welfare fraud. And so did you apparently since you worked in the welfare system and assisted your freind in receiving benefits she was not qualified to receive. Please enlighten me as to exactly what you job was, because I also happen to work in the field. Managed medicaid. We also go after fraud and abuse. If someone here can help me find this persons IP address, I have a job to do.
Nevermind the fact that TAXPAYERS are responsible for these and other programs... don't be fooled by the "State Funded" portion of this... the State doesn't MAKE money, it just TAKES money. Get 'em gr8rn! :cool:

If you work in the Washington welfare system, then you are aware of this:

WAC]WAC 388-462-0015 388-462-0015
Consider as income to the pregnant woman the amount that is actually contributed to her by the father of her unborn child when thepregnant woman is not married to the father.
As I said in my original post, my friend's caseworker was aware her boyfriend (now husband) resided with her (and worked) at the time she was receiving services. Because DSHS only counts as income money directly handed to mom by her child's father if they are not married, his income was not counted. Even if it had been, she still would have qualified for benefits, because the income limits are so high. Even after my friend and her boyfriend got married, she continued to receive benefits because of this, with DSHS fully aware of his income. So, no fraud taking place :)

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

If you work in the Washington welfare system, then you are aware of this:

WAC]WAC 388-462-0015 388-462-0015

As I said in my original post, my friend's caseworker was aware her boyfriend (now husband) resided with her (and worked) at the time she was receiving services. Because DSHS only counts as income money directly handed to mom by her child's father if they are not married, his income was not counted. Even if it had been, she still would have qualified for benefits, because the income limits are so high. Even after my friend and her boyfriend got married, she continued to receive benefits because of this, with DSHS fully aware of his income. So, no fraud taking place :)
You're STILL posting IRRELEVANT information for THIS poster. If you want to post your tripe on your OWN thread, start your OWN THREAD and quit hijacking THIS thread! :rolleyes: THIS THREAD IS FOR TEXAS, TEXAS, TEXAS.... Apparently needs to be said AGAIN. TEXAS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">