• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support while in school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

University of Alabama used to discourage their law students (especially first year) from working, as it was 'tough enough attending law school'. :cool:
If law school is tough ...parenting is way tougher.

Please why do some parents not teach parenting 101 to the boys and girls? :(

OHRoadwarrior

ALWAYS get the court to order a DNA test. I have been named daddy twice because of the advantages I could provide the women involved. DNA however proved the cheating they did, led to the real pregnancy. Yes you are voluntarily unemployed by attending college and would likely be imputed at least minimum wage support if proved to be daddy.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
ALWAYS get the court to order a DNA test. I have been named daddy twice because of the advantages I could provide the women involved. DNA however proved the cheating they did, led to the real pregnancy. Yes you are voluntarily unemployed by attending college and would likely be imputed at least minimum wage support if proved to be daddy.
Says plenty 'bout you, RoadKill. Want us to send you a box of condoms?

OHRoadwarrior

I made sure I was fixed. You would be jealous if you had a tally on my reality. In fact, I have a wonderful wife and girlfriend both. I also have a step child and one child, both in college. Ironically, my spouse used to test condoms and we gave them away by the box. I won't tell you where. If you don't want the answer, don't go there.

Last edited:

torimac

Quote Originally Posted by OHRoadwarrior: In fact, I have a wonderful wife and girlfriend both.

Wow - there's something to be proud of. :rolleyes:
Nothing morally wrong with polyamory if all involved are aware and agree with the arrangement and your chosen religion has no issues with it. Legally, it is still a bit difficult and a sticky topic.

So, yes, he can be proud of being a responsible adult and making choices in his life.

NellieBly

My high school business law teacher went to law school at night and sold real estate on the side.

He had a wife, but no kids.

He was awesome.

Probably still is!

NellieBly

When you're a big shot lawyer, you can sit and ponder the fact your kid started life on welfare. YOUR KID!

Will you brag about this to your big shot lawyer friends?

Proserpina

This thread went from the sublime to the ridiculous in record timing.

Thank you folks for giving me something to giggle at whilst I enjoy my morning coffee.

(between ORW's sense of ... er ... "reality", and stealth's posts, I thought I was going to have a hernia laughing so hard)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hey, I never missed an episode of LA Law!

Remember when Rosalind fell down the elevator?
Yep... Completely and totally realistic. LMAO. But thanks for taking my comment in the nature it was intended. I wish I was a big shot lawyer. But yeah... no... Google lawsuits against law schools for misleading students... Law graduates don't normally get jobs anymore. We gotta make them ourselves. :D

NellieBly

Yep... Completely and totally realistic. LMAO. But thanks for taking my comment in the nature it was intended. I wish I was a big shot lawyer. But yeah... no... Google lawsuits against law schools for misleading students... Law graduates don't normally get jobs anymore. We gotta make them ourselves. :D
I desperately wanted to say "fat cat lawyer" but I knew people would be all over me like tin on a pie plate. Still, my comments were directed at the OP and were intended to make a point.

Please note my comments are for "entertainment purposes only."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">