• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child support while in school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

commentator

Once again we have a classic case of unreality in what our current society is teaching young people. They hear all through their secondary school years and even before that at school is the most important thing, and that "I got into a good school" means one is entitled to kudos and doesn't have to do anything else in life but get in a good college and excel scholastically or athletically. Or get into law school, or med school or dental school or (hardest)vet school.

And our young girls are led to believe they are to look good, make themselves sexually available and live free of inhibition, you know, like the Kartrashians. And nobody usually tells these kids if they decide to have a child, or accidentally get pregnant, and/or persuade you to have had sex with them, you very well could be on the hook for the next 18-20 years, whether you agreed to having a baby or she told you the truth or not. This young person has probably never been to family court and heard people be reality-counseled about their parental responsibilities, which may in the court's eyes actually trump their finishing their education and the successful future they (and their parents) may have been planning. It's a harsh awakening.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
ALWAYS get the court to order a DNA test. I have been named daddy twice because of the advantages I could provide the women involved. DNA however proved the cheating they did, led to the real pregnancy. Yes you are voluntarily unemployed by attending college and would likely be imputed at least minimum wage support if proved to be daddy.
OFF TOPIC. Tried to PM YOU ORW.... clean out your messages and I will respond...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I desperately wanted to say "fat cat lawyer" but I knew people would be all over me like tin on a pie plate. Still, my comments were directed at the OP and were intended to make a point.

Please note my comments are for "entertainment purposes only."
Fat cat lawyer... Tin on a pie plate.
Cat on a hot tin...
CLASSIC!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Once again we have a classic case of unreality in what our current society is teaching young people. They hear all through their secondary school years and even before that at school is the most important thing, and that "I got into a good school" means one is entitled to kudos and doesn't have to do anything else in life but get in a good college and excel scholastically or athletically. Or get into law school, or med school or dental school or (hardest)vet school.

And our young girls are led to believe they are to look good, make themselves sexually available and live free of inhibition, you know, like the Kartrashians. And nobody usually tells these kids if they decide to have a child, or accidentally get pregnant, and/or persuade you to have had sex with them, you very well could be on the hook for the next 18-20 years, whether you agreed to having a baby or she told you the truth or not. This young person has probably never been to family court and heard people be reality-counseled about their parental responsibilities, which may in the court's eyes actually trump their finishing their education and the successful future they (and their parents) may have been planning. It's a harsh awakening.
My kids are sick of hearing about reality from me. They have grown up going to juvenile court and such with mom. They are tired when I bring up about sex and responsibilities and obligations and such... and my youngest is NOT a teen yet. But he has heard about it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
30 years after the fact, this quote from The Breakfast Club is still true:

Well, if you say you haven't [had sex], you're a prude. If you say you have, you're a slut. It's a trap.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">