• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court ordered medical ins. problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmommy

Well cse finally called back. They are contacting employer to see if they can get insurance at 5% or less. The employer called us yesterday and told us that before any dependant is added there must be a letter written on letterhead from the welfare office stating that the dependant is no longer on medicaid. So I'm not sure if cse has the authority to cancel the card or if mom has to cancel. And my husband has to apply for the insurance through his employer. Cse cannot do it for him. And all this has to be done within 30 days of the child being taken off of medicaid or he cannot ever be added. HR stressed they are NOT an open enrollment employer. There are never any periods of open enrollment except the initial enrollment period during employment.

The insurance is either 25.00 or 28.00 a week. If you take either one and multiply them by 52 and divide that by 12 it's over 5%. By 4-8.00. But it's still over. I'm assuming this is how they would calculate it. Since that's how they calculated his income for the child support.

Personally we cannot afford insurance at 5% of his income because we have other bills. So I'm wondering if cse would let him take out a personal insurance policy? He found one with about the same coverage for 50.00 a month. The order says he has to if it's offered by an employer. He's not obligated to take out a personal policy. Would they make him pay for a higher insurance just because it's offered by his employer?

Also if mom has any uninsured bills is she supposed to send them here. Or does the doctor send them here?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He is responsible for taking out insurance. That is a fact. 5% of his pay? Not a lot of money. At 4 -8.00 more than 5% .. still nt a lot.

CJane

So get a job that pays $1500 a year and you'll be making a profit after Dad provides for his child.

For Goodness Sake

The RIGHT (well at least the most beneficial answer for the child) answer here is to JUST PAY THE $120 - at least in MY OPINION - enroll the child in the health care coverage and THEN go about fighting all of the other battles... put that baby's needs first... the people at the agency will forward the cards to the mom and in the event that child needs healthcare coverage (lord forbid an emergency happens) at LEAST DAD HAS COVERED THE CHILD!! Start all of these battles of who is right and wrong AFTER the child is cared for!!

Why on earth can't people understand that WE MADE THESE CHILDREN...so WHAT if you are the new wife that stays at home -- you're obviously blessed with that option..

Why make this so dang difficult?????

child comes FIRST

MrsK

The RIGHT (well at least the most beneficial answer for the child) answer here is to JUST PAY THE $120 - at least in MY OPINION - enroll the child in the health care coverage and THEN go about fighting all of the other battles... put that baby's needs first... the people at the agency will forward the cards to the mom and in the event that child needs healthcare coverage (lord forbid an emergency happens) at LEAST DAD HAS COVERED THE CHILD!! Start all of these battles of who is right and wrong AFTER the child is cared for!!

Why on earth can't people understand that WE MADE THESE CHILDREN...so WHAT if you are the new wife that stays at home -- you're obviously blessed with that option..

Why make this so dang difficult?????

child comes FIRST
Thanks, Dr. Phil

LdiJ

There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking out a private policy if you can get a better deal on the coverage. The CSE will be ok with that.

tsmommy

There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking out a private policy if you can get a better deal on the coverage. The CSE will be ok with that.
Yeah the coverage would be better since there will be in network providers in the area we think she's at:rolleyes: As it is with this insurance it's only a local company and there are no providers in other states. So who will cancel this childs medical card in order to get on the insurance? Can cse do that? Or does the mother have to do that?

So get a job that pays $1500 a year and you'll be making a profit after Dad provides for his child.
I'm not the childs mother. I'm not working to provide anything for the child. Maybe SHE should get a job. If I were single I would work to pay for my child. Single moms can't be stay at home moms unless the father is a millionaire.

Last edited:

CJane

I'm not the childs mother. I'm not working to provide anything for the child. Maybe SHE should get a job. If I were single I would work to pay for my child. Single moms can't be stay at home moms unless the father is a millionaire.
Wow. You are very very dim.

Unless your hubby was pokin at her while married to you, this child comes FIRST... so you'd be working to cover YOUR portion of the expenses. After all, if he wasn't covering YOUR stay at home butt on his insurance, it wouldn't cost him extra to cover his CHILD.

tsmommy

Wow. You are very very dim.

Unless your hubby was pokin at her while married to you, this child comes FIRST... so you'd be working to cover YOUR portion of the expenses. After all, if he wasn't covering YOUR stay at home butt on his insurance, it wouldn't cost him extra to cover his CHILD.
Well hate it for them. No that child doesn't come first just because it was born before we were married. No one comes first. But I'm not responsible for paying for the childs insurance. I'm NOT their mother. I have a child. I take care of him. It's not my responsibility. It's the mothers responsibility. Sorry my husband has a family. But they are not married. If they were then SHE would be on the medical insurance and HER child would be on the insurance and not mine. And my child would be on an insurance that I provide. But it's not that way. And it's not my fault. If this child cannot be added to the insurance policy I do not feel sorry. She will either get a job and do something right for a change. Or continue to get the medical card because she has no income. My husband contacted the cse. They are going to see what they can do to make sure the insurance doesn't cost more than 5%. And if it's more or the enrollment period passes before anyone can get the child on then sorry about their luck. MOM can get a job.

jbowman

Well hate it for them. No that child doesn't come first just because it was born before we were married. No one comes first.

Care for the child comes first. Regardless of whether he married you before or after the child was born.

But I'm not responsible for paying for the childs insurance. I'm NOT their mother. I have a child. I take care of him. It's not my responsibility.

No one said it was YOUR responsibility to pay for the insurance. It is the fathers responsibility. If he can't take care of YOU and his child, well, guess who has priority?

It's the mothers responsibility. Sorry my husband has a family.

Like it or not, this child is his family also.

But they are not married. If they were then SHE would be on the medical insurance and HER child would be on the insurance and not mine. And my child would be on an insurance that I provide. But it's not that way. And it's not my fault. If this child cannot be added to the insurance policy I do not feel sorry.

This is because (by everything I have seen in your thread). You are a horrible unfeeling person.

She will either get a job and do something right for a change. Or continue to get the medical card because she has no income. My husband contacted the cse. They are going to see what they can do to make sure the insurance doesn't cost more than 5%. And if it's more or the enrollment period passes before anyone can get the child on then sorry about their luck. MOM can get a job.
So what if Mom HAS/GETS a job and insurance is not covered by her employer? What is your attitude then, Ms. Greedy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">