• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealer can't provide title, can I cancel deal and win in court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BL

I have all the paperwork from the Mechanic as well as from the dealer....I did not give up anything. I am just saying that the original paperwork was all redone by the dealer himself. Because it is small claims, they don't allow attorney's and there wasn't anywhere to list witnesses. I had to go onto sos.mo.gov to prove I looked up the business agent and had that person listed, to the point that I had to print the info out and attach it. I think if I want to go after the mechanic, it has to be an additional claim. Not sure what to claim until I know the outcome of this one. I fear it would look like double dipping.

My daughter was with me during the transaction with the Mechanic and my spouse was there during the transaction with the dealer. I plan to have them both in court with me.
Presumably the trade in paperwork shows the dealer's/your transaction as well?

BL

Yes it does.
Well a Judge most likely will say 2 + 2 = 4 , but who knows what the dealer would say.

Maybe you decided against one of their autos and decided on the mechanics private auto.:rolleyes: , unless it's spelled out in black and white the auto you did trade in for was from the dealer.

lundbythebay

Mechanic still selling cars for this guy

So I decided to search the mechanics phone number in craigslist and sure enough a vehicle pops up. I then go to the dealer web site and they have the same vehicle listed on their site. Yet the dealer says this guy doesn't work for him and Definitely can't sell cars for him.....busted!!!!
:p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">