• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dependency with Custody Change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Karl J

You state you are a lawyer, you need to be vetted by this site. You haven't been. That is going to change. And you don't know family law or what state courts can do as you don't appear to practice within them. So quit posting that a state court cannot hold a parent in contempt. They can.
I never said that. I said she won't be help in contempt with the facts she's given us. She has reasonable cause for not following that provision of the order. Under federal tax law, she can not give the exemption to her ex per Armstrong vs commissioner. It's really not complicated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I already said I was
I missed that. You will need to be vetted, as was mentioned previously.

ETA: I now see that, in this thread, I did not miss anything. You haven't claimed to be an attorney. So, again, are you claiming to be an attorney?

Last edited:

Karl J

ETA: I now see that, in this thread, I did not miss anything. You haven't claimed to be an attorney. So, again, are you claiming to be an attorney?
Good lord. I have a cpa, JD, and LLM in taxation

Karl J

Also I am done here.OP can read the court case I have cited and can decide for herself what to do. I'd suggest to her seeing a real lawyer in her state.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

He did claim it. I then reported it so mom and dad can vet him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">