• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do the police have the power to enforce civil law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalayman

i am not telling the OP to do anything or sign my name, i just say what i do.
I'm glad you aren't suggesting anybody do such a ridiculously dumb idea such as you claim you have done. It is really counterproductive, at least if you want to retain ownership of the property.

Dillon

In CA many jurisdictions have these abatement programs. They notice the property owners to make the corrections, if no correction is made or there is no response, they are often notified that the city will contract to clear the property and they (the property owner) will be billed. If no payment is received a lien is placed on the property. In my city we have a couple such properties.

Some owners scream when they find out the cost of our contractor, but, when they try to take it to court and the city presents the ordinance and the notices, the screamers tend to get shut down.

Dillon, as others have said, you can not reply or ask for a contract all you want. It won't work unless the ordinance is otherwise flawed.
once there is no contract sent to me, i win by estoppel. thats the law!

also i would place several No tresspassing signs on my property, noticing them that all tresspasser agree to pay me a fine of $5000 per hour for being on my property, etc. its my propery, Right? (you might call it a land use fee)

PS civil laws only apply to civil agreements, Go figure.

Last edited:

justalayman

once their is no contract sent to me, i win by estoppel. thats the law!

also i would place several No tresspassing signs on my property, noticing them that all tresspasser agree to pay me a fine of $5000 per hour for being on my property, etc. its my propery, Right? (you might call it a land use fee)
so you admit you are simply trolling. At least we know now.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
once there is no contract sent to me, i win by estoppel. thats the law!
If that's the law, then there is either a statute or a court case. You say upthread that there is no court case. That means there must be a statute. Post the statute.

If there is no statute or court case, then it is not the law.

Dillon

Which is it? Common sense or law?

It's common sense not to spit into the wind, but there's no law that says you cannot, so your argument fails.

I am specifically wondering why you feel an estoppel in involved.
google: default by estoppel so that you may understand the process.

have a nice day

Last edited:

Dillon

If that's the law, then there is either a statute or a court case. You say upthread that there is no court case. That means there must be a statute. Post the statute.

If there is no statute or court case, then it is not the law.
NO, its the law to contract, i sent them an adhesion contract.

they agree with be by their non-reply or lack of proof.

therefore, NO controversy for any court to hear.

Google: adhesion contracts to understand the process.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I think it's you that doesn't understand the process, Dillon, but that's okay. We'll all be standing here waving when you get removed from the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">