• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Excess Of 100 Mph Need Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

knotcops

DonZip said:
100 mph is not fast when your on a open highway. In many countries in europe 100 is the norm.
Sooooooo!!!!!! If you haven't noticed lately, we don't live in Europe.

JETX

The first time I was in Germany, I was driving on the Autobahn from Frankfurt to Cologne in a really nice little Mercedez, zipping along at (what I thought was fast) 150 KPH!! Man, the scenery was FLYING..... then I saw a car come VERY QUICKLY up my tailpipe. He flashed his highbeams ONCE, then got on my bumper..... all of this while still doing 150!!
As soon as I could, I got out of this idiots way and he changed gears and was GONE!! I later found out that 150KPH was only 94MPH and I was a slow-poke!! I also learned that in Europe, you do NOT drive in the fast lane... you PASS in the fast lane then get your ass back over to the right lane(s)!!

D

doefish

Well thank you clue for your serious input. I went to a REAL lawyer and ended up working a deal where i plead no contest and recieved a ticket for 99 MPH. I have a conditional probation in which i can not get any moving vilations for 1 year or my license will be suspended. I feel this was the best course of action for both sides. the government got paid, i got my wallet reamed, speed monitoring has now been thankfully pounded into my subconscious so that i just dont go faster than 65 anymore, and i can keep working and move on with my life all the wiser. so for all who tried to at the very least to get people to stop attacking me for what i did, or even made helpful suggestions, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! And btw, a stock probe is limited aerodynamically to 133 MHP. also i realize high speed causes accidents, thats why i never sped near traffic as i first stated. this is no excuse, but there is a real world out there and getting there is important. it would be nice if we lived in world where nothing bad happened, but since we dont, i take the path of calculated risk. this time my calculations were incorrect, but seeing as how im still here, they werent too far off. had i stayed or been able to stay at 95 the chp would never have even pulled me over, and thats a fact. 95 is still way too fast but thats still the reality of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">